In other news


The kids are mostly fine.  We had been worried about Eve, who has had a few things wrong with her lately, but we think she will recover.  We've all had these strange, intensely itchy welts on us that are definitely not mosquito bites.  Eve tends to scratch hers and make them infected.  Hence the medical photo below.
We learned they are probably oak mite bites.  We had a wet summer which makes them proliferate. Alan and I have had them too.

Evie had a couple of sick days this week.  Here she is falling asleep after dinner, which is definitely not normal for any of my kids.
Mariah and Eliza had a birthday!  Number 20.  My littlest babies are now pretty much grown ups.  They have both become beautiful, kind, and strong women.  Oh how I love them!


We are tracking a lunar eclipse tonight for Wyatt's science class and to be a part of history.  The moon started out bright enough that it looked like the sun!


The follow up photos weren't nearly as good.  But it was very cool to watch.

Comments

  1. We've been watching the lunar eclipse at our house too, but have had some clouds in the sky, so some moments are better than others :) Poor little Evie. The sleeping picture is so precious and a little sad.

    I can't believe Mariah and Eliza are 20...that many years can't have passed since they were born! What adorable little telephone-size crumpets they were. What fun they have been over the years. Are they old enough to babysit themselves now? And use scissors without supervision? (I'm still working on those things myself.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What cracks me up is that your twins looked like they were phone girls even in a car seat!

    Poor Evie with bug bites. I hope the nasties go away. Squish them, or something.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They showed pictures of the eclipse on the news this morning while I was exercising. We meant to check it out and forgot. Isn't it amazing how huge a bink looks in the mouth of tiny little ones? And GO AWAY OAK BUGS!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous1:36 PM

    Heather, I too tried to watch the eclipse but our time here for it was 8:11...and the moon was still behind our BIG mountains at that time! That is so sad about little Evie and her mite bites! xo-momw

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment