The terrible toddler twin files




One of Paige's comments recently made me realize I haven't been sharing the shenanigans like I did the first time I had two two-year-olds.  This is kind of the tornado age.  Here are some of the things I remember from this week:

-Eve poured herself a bowl of Grape Nuts from our unlocked pantry cabinet, brought it into my room and spilled it on my ottoman and rug.  As I was cutting Alan's hair.  
-Eve painted herself with brand new nail polish that Willa had bought for a friend's birthday present.
-Eve and Griff both got into new mascara that Willa bought. Twice.
-Foaming hand soap all over the bathroom.
-Foaming had soap all over the kitchen. Twice.
-Shampoo and toothpaste all over bodies, hall and bathroom floor.  Twice.
-Toilet water dumped on the bathroom floor.  Many times.

A few observations:

None of this really includes accidents, which still happen most days.
I'm so thankful for hard floors!!!
I'm always plucking Eve from my desk as she tries to climb up the shelves.  She is sneakier and checks in with me less often.
Griffin just wants me around him all the time.  He often tells me, "Mom, you my best friend!" It's when he gets with Eve that the trouble starts.







We fed Sister Hansen her last member meal on her mission.  The next night we fed a brand new elder. Eve and Griff are wearing the sisters' watches.

Comments

  1. Oh dear! Oh my!! Oh Oh!!! Oh NO!!!! This must be why the good Lord gives little ones to the young and fleet of foot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE what they did with the mascara. Especially Eve. Not always will she want a monobrow. I giggled out loud at that. Twin two is similar to most two year olds - it's just so. much. more. You're amazing and I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was supposed to be studying my lesson for Primary, but took a little detour. The gales of giggles frofrom my direction made John ask, "There's something that funny in the last supper?"

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment