Loving the Lake (again)

For the third year in a row, we decided to rent a lake house at Lake of the Ozarks for a few days. We missed having Eliza and Mariah there. We were alone for the first half, and then joined by my friend Laura and three of her kids, Becca, Emma and Matthew.  (I'm so glad she took photos!) It is such a relaxing, fun vacation that we really do seriously consider buying a lake house every year we go. We don't think we will do it--at least not this year--but the idea is appealing every time.

 The things that stood out this year:
 -best decor and best dock so far. Worst location for protected swimming.
 -We ALL got sick for a day. Alan really got knocked down and was in bed for an entire day.
 -no wifi can be a good thing--especially if you're a parent vying for your kids' time.

Hanging on to the rope alone proved to be too tricky for Wyatt--who was the only one who tried.


Rare alone time with Willa.  We had a speed test of the WaveRunner and a slow meander down a quiet cove.

These two were more fun and less worry at the lake than ever before.

Note the awkward wave at the camera.  I'm working it.


Comments

  1. Fun lake pictures!! The last one was my absolute favorite. I didn't think the wave was awkward at all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such fun! One bit of advice about a house on the lake. Uncle Hal told us that people who buy a cabin in a place they like to visit spend all their vacations fixing stuff at the cabin, and don't get to enjoy vacationing there any more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. They look like colorful marshmallows in their life vests. You look like you are all having such a great time! This year it looks like you only had your own family, which can be a good thing. Didn't you go with friends at least one other time? Which do you like better?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous4:11 PM

    Heather, the pics show a really nice, pretty place for a fun, family vacation! I have always been a bit afraid of water so being around it isn't as comfortable for me as it is for most people. I remember a zillion years ago, Wayne telling me the only way I would get over it was to "make myself be around it" so he convinced me to go out on Bear Lake with him in someones boat. He said "isn't this fun?" and when I didn't answer, he turned and looked at me and I was sitting, still as a statue with tears running down my cheeks...and couldn't even talk. He took me back to land and never insisted I go out in a boat again. I was worried when we went on our first cruise but decided I could stay away from the edges of the boat and maybe could fool myself into thinking I wasn't on a ship...and I found that it didn't bother me to look at the water from that high up..it was being close to the water that frightened me. It was hard for me to do my water aerobics for a while..I couldn't go into the deep water and had to be near the edge where I could touch it if I needed. After a while I realized that I was not making sure I was near the edge and could go into the deep! I asked my mom about me fear one time and she told me I was in the water with my sister Peggy and almost drowned when I was really small! I wonder if my fear came from that !?!?!? ANyway, I am glad it is gone now. I don't push my luck though, and have never gone out in a small boat to test it :) xo momw

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment