I know I haven't blogged for over a week. It has been a tough week, so I'm just going to paste in a few things I have either emailed or taken pictures of to keep you up to date on what we are doing.
Here is what I sent to Willa's teachers this afternoon:
You also know that Willa is a conscientious student, or at least has been until these headaches hit. We are concerned about her getting credit for 9th grade and wanted to know how she stands in her classes and if it is possible for her to make up some amount of work that will allow her to get credit but won't completely overwhelm her and send her into another string of headaches. In particular we are concerned about Algebra and French, where we know attendance is part of the grade. Ms. Adams, perhaps you would be willing to talk to me about what needs to be done and if she needs to drop any classes in order to maintain credit for graduation and not completely undermine her GPA.
Here is what I had a parent in the parking lot of the country club take on Sunday evening:
Here is something fun...
Here is something else fun...
Here is what shipped today for Mariah:
Here is another fun one:
Here is what I sent to Willa's teachers this afternoon:
Good afternoon all you good people at Shawnee Mission East who are involved in my daughter's education;
You are probably aware that Willa has been having migraine headaches that are out of control. It started last quarter and has continued into this quarter. She has missed an alarming amount of school. We have been spending enormous amounts of time, energy and money trying to figure them out. She has gone in for IV medication infusions at least once a week for the last three weeks. We are hopeful that the trip we made to the Emergency Room last night may have broken this string of headaches and that she may be able to return to school. One of the hard things about migraines is that they pretty much debilitate her, and she hasn't been able to do school work as she has been out. She has been advised by her doctors not to try to do hard thinking or school work when she has headaches because this tends to make the nausea and pain worse.
I'm sorry I've waited this long to contact you. I had asked Willa to keep you updated on her health, but I fear now we are to the point of controlling the damage that has been done by the absences she has already accrued.
Thank you so much for your patience and help with this. We feel very lucky to have such a good group of teachers, counselors and administrators to work with.
With regards,
Heather Wimmer
Willa's mom
Here is what I had a parent in the parking lot of the country club take on Sunday evening:
| After the Spring Cotillion Ball. Isn't my partner cute? |
![]() |
| We are playing at potty training. And boots. Always boots. |
Here is something else fun...
![]() |
| We've played with Emery lots while her mom is at the doctor (due any day) or while I am (with Willa). |
Here is what shipped today for Mariah:
![]() |
| Endowment session appointment made! |
![]() |
| Check out Eliza's eyelash extensions! They were on a trip to Zion's with friends. |
And something of me:
![]() |
| Still doing pilates. This is an "after" photo from a 60 day challenge. |





Thanks for posting. I've missed you. What a week! I ache for Willa, and hope the ER cocktail and real sleep did the trick. Your Wyatt looks so tall and handsome! We especially loved Griff's boots. And getting a new white dress for Mariah sure makes her plans "real" doesn't it? Good post! LOVE YOU!!!
ReplyDeleteA 60-day challenge and you have boobs? Where do I sign up? Or perhaps you already had those and I never will. Sigh.
ReplyDeleteMy heart yearns to pour in something that will make Willa fully better. I'm sure lots of people feel that way. I hope she values the support group par excellence she already has in place.
Be well. You're doing good work. I'm glad you stay in touch.
I looked up your cute pilates girl. I like that if you subscribe she will really be your trainer and give you time if you ask.
ReplyDeleteI second everything Mom and Paige said. Your Wyatt is so handsome - AND he'll do cotillion! Griff makes boots the best things ever and it's fun to see your babies with a cute friend.
I need to see it all in person!
I am so sorry about Willa. I echo everyone's sentiments, that I wish there was something we could do to fix it.
ReplyDeleteWyatt is a dashingly good looking young man!
Griff is cute. Maybe the boot thing is a little boy thing because mine loves them too!
Your big girls seem to know how to work hard and play hard and I am so excited for Mariah. They didn't give her too long before she leaves. I hope you enjoy it all!
And I love PYM! Thank you for sharing! I signed up as a treat to myself and am loving it!
You are wonderful!
Is Mariah going to keep her "Monroe-style" hair color or go back to her own color before her mission?
ReplyDeleteIs Mariah going to keep her "Monroe-style" hair color or go back to her own color before her mission?
ReplyDelete