Do not leave children unattended

When Mariah and Eliza were toddlers I remember writing to my parents on their mission the cost of a shower for me.  This week here is the cost of one good nap for mom:

-clothes from the dresser (and diapers from their bums) all over the floor
-pee in the closet
-one dresser drawer broken
-two kids, naked from the waist down, stuck on TOP of the dresser
-THREE phone calls to Alan at work.  He answered the first two, and they left a message for the third.  The conversation, I'm told, went something like this:

-"Hi Daddy."
-"Hi Griff."
-"Hi Daddy.  I have a penis."
-"What are you doing, Griffin?"
-"Hi Daddy.  I have a penis.  And a belly button."

So we are pretty sure they have figured out the redial button...

The whole fiasco ended like this:









I was not having quite as much fun as they were.  Nap times are going to be much shorter now.  Dangit.

Comments

  1. Anonymous8:37 PM

    racy video on that post!! lol

    Mariah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! Oh - Oh - Oh MY!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is SUCH a good thing that they are so adorable!! You need a nap-time sitter. Crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can relate with Caroline--she loves to "be beautiful " with my make-up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally feel for you. I am impressed you get to nap and sorry it has to be cut short. Good thing they are so cute. I know it has saved my children lots of times.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hilarious all the way around. Managing sleep v destruction -- the age-old issue for all moms. Best of luck to you. I wish I could come babysit while you nap.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous5:05 PM

    Heather, I loved this "story"...not that it means that you no longer "feel safe knowing they are asleep in their beds!" but just the shock you must have felt when you found them and the trail of what they had done...it will be a while before it is as funny to you as it was to me I am afraid :) xo momw

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment