Willa has been having her chronic daily headaches for the last 3 weeks. We took her to the doctor who thought maybe acupuncture would help. She vetoed that idea very quickly (just as I did when it was recommended to me--so I can't blame her). We have just tried so many things. And she really didn't want to try one that involved sticking things into her. But last night she was just so tired of hurting all the time she thought maybe we should go to the ER and get the IV cocktail that they give (Benadryl, Magnesium, Compazine and Toradol, in case you were wondering) for headaches. It worked and she went straight to bed when we got home at 12:45am. (The nurse said it was the busiest night they've had in two years!) Now it is 8:30am and I still haven't seen her. I didn't want to run the risk of ruining her fix by waking her up for seminary at 5am or school at 7:45. I keep hoping when I do see her she will still be better!
It's wonderful that she got some pain free rest! I hope this breaks the cycle! We'll keep praying for her.
ReplyDeleteOh. Willa. How I yearn to hear that your head is again a neutral zone. Ready for ideas and learning -- not a battle zone. I'll keep praying, too.
ReplyDeleteYou should totally have an acupuncturist come do their thing while Willa sleeps. Why not, right?
ReplyDeletePoor Cute Willa. Hug her from us.
ReplyDeleteAngi
Such s miserable challenge for our sweet Willa. Please tell her we love her and will keep her in our prayers.
ReplyDeleteLove love love......to you all!
Kath
Heather, I hurt when I read this...that her headaches were hurting that bad. I tried acupuncture and it didn't help me...but then I just did it the one time. Surprisingly, the tiny needles didn't "hurt" at all..I didn't even feel them! I hope the results of the shot have been long time good! It sometimes is great to just our bodies a rest from the hurting. I have her in my prayers always... xo momw
ReplyDelete