For the last five days my boys have been in Utah without me. Willa has spent a lot of time at the school because she was assistant makeup crew chief for the school musical--which is why we didn't go. The house is quieter and much easier to keep clean with just the three of us (mostly the two of us) here. But it's lonely. We did learn a few things.
With only one baby you can:
-have the house get cleaner instead of messier. It's like magic!
-go to the store and Chick-fil-A mostly easily.
-convince your almost 15 year old it may be okay to have a child some day since they usually come one at a time. (All of my older daughters were really traumatized by seeing me pregnant. And by having two tiny tornadoes around.)
-keep her with you when you exercise. She loves Dance Dance Revolution. And the swing.
-have her help with the dishes. Running water is really her thing.
-have her nap almost every day. It's boring without a brother to play with!
-feel okay about having several times without her. I had fun shopping clearance racks, eating lunch out with a friend, and seeing Willa's awesome makeup application in Little Shop of Horrors (also with a friend!)
-hold Evie as much as she wants. It's more than I thought. Her almost constant refrain is usually "Put me down!"
-REALLY miss the one who isn't there!
With only one baby you can:
-have the house get cleaner instead of messier. It's like magic!
-go to the store and Chick-fil-A mostly easily.
![]() |
| She was saying "Moo" to go with the cow hat. Or telling me she didn't want to smile. And isn't Willa cute? |
-keep her with you when you exercise. She loves Dance Dance Revolution. And the swing.
-have her help with the dishes. Running water is really her thing.
-have her nap almost every day. It's boring without a brother to play with!
-feel okay about having several times without her. I had fun shopping clearance racks, eating lunch out with a friend, and seeing Willa's awesome makeup application in Little Shop of Horrors (also with a friend!)
![]() |
| Most of the selfies on my phone are from inside a dressing room. I have to see if my "stylists" approve! |
-REALLY miss the one who isn't there!
| Mariah and Eliza took GREAT care of Griff while their dad was skiing. Thank you sweet daughters! |


Awwwwwww. So fun. And hard to be without your boys who love you so much!
ReplyDeleteWhat a change of pace for you. It seems you made the most of it! I love seeing pictures of you... and all your good looking people.
ReplyDeleteSo cute. I'm sad we missed your other three while they were here. We arrive back to Logan late tonight. Darn. Glad you had a peaceful-er week. This stylist approves!
ReplyDeleteAngi
Griff looks happy with that basketball. It has to make his papa proud. I love your outfit, but the top half doesn't match the bottom half. I think cranberry and muted blue things on top with the tan skirt and boots. Then, a flair polka dot black and white skirt is needed for the other half. Just my suggestions. You have a great build AFTER TWINS TWICE. I'm certain the entire female world is full of envy. Love you!
ReplyDeleteHere's the kind of skirt to rock the turtle neck and white jacket: https://www.etsy.com/listing/168007565/high-waist-wiggle-skirt-in-bombshell?ref=market
ReplyDeleteI'm not sure how well you can walk in a skirt like that. The mannequin looks pretty uncomfortable.
ReplyDeleteIt touched my heart that you can hold Evie as much as she likes and that you miss the "other one". I'm glad you have your boys back!
ReplyDeleteHeather, thank you for sharing the men in your household with us for a few days...we really enjoyed their visit! xo momw
ReplyDelete