Ta Da!

This seems as good of a time as any to tell you what Evie and Griff are like at 22 months old.

Eve:
Loves to pretend.  She tells me several times a day.  "I NOT Evie.  I _________ (fill in the blank with the name of a Bubble Guppy or a member of the Paw Patrol or a baby horse or Eliza.)  She is starting to practice emotions.  She will tell me with a downturned face, "I sad!"  or "I sick."  She loves to play dress ups and is thrilled with her new ballerina dress I got her for Halloween.  She still gives the best hugs, but it has to be her idea.  She likes to play peek-a-boo, but it sounds like "Peeky-goo" when she says it. She knows most colors.  She still hides from me with her eyes closed. And if it ever gets quiet and Eve is missing I have to run check if she is in my bathroom trying to get into my makeup.  She runs (mostly away from me) with a cute little hip twist thrown in.  She also likes to finger her belly button so much it sometimes get sore.  I think I remember trying to dress Eliza in one piece outfits to limit access to the same activity.

Griff:
Loves to label things and tell us what everything is.  It's especially fun to talk about tools and vehicles.  His favorite book is the "truck book", which is any book that shows construction vehicles.  Or the Easter Egg counting book we returned to the library weeks ago because it was driving me crazy.  He still loves books.  When he agrees with something he gives you an enthusiastic, "o-KAY! Idea!"  When he doesn't want to do something he screws up his face into a Grandpa Wimmer scowl and says, "No!  Bad!"  He has a cute sense of humor.  His little laugh is one of my favorite sounds.  He wakes up asking to see Cars or Paw Patrol and continues asking all day.  But he has much less patience for actually sitting and watching something than Eve does.

And these pictures were taken in their newly completed play house!






Comments

  1. These tykes are amazing, I think much like their parents were. The future with them in it is very, very bright. Love from Mr. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. So adorable. Does Eve still say that? I'm missing out on a lot by foolishly insisting on living in Phoenix. Maybe I'll just camp out in the playhouse until your wee ones stop being so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are precious times. They are so lucky to have a mother that knows that and captures their unique personalities in these snapshots of life.

    What you're doing is more important than anything. Anything. Like your testimony of exercising, I have a testimony of the importance of babies and toddlers having a loving and nurturing environment. Well, all children for that matter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. And look how many teeth they have! They are so grown up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Does Evie really have more teeth than Griff? The play house is darling. The kids even more so. I love what Kirsta says about children being more important than anything. It's true! You are engaged in God's work. Lucky you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous10:19 PM

    I love your new playhouse! And I love your little babies ... who really aren't babies anymore!
    Angi

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think Griff has more teeth, they are just hidden. And more crooked. He got Willa's bite.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous8:58 PM

    Heather they are so adorable! I am really looking forward to seeing them next week! Wayne is still feeling no pain...just really tired and a bit dizzy. We would never attempt the trip without Dick to take care of us and all the details...see you soon. xo momw

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment