Seven Down

Last fall our bishop asked us to read The Power of Everyday Missionaries.  And Elder Ballard asked us in conference to invite someone to hear the missionaries before Christmas.  And our stake president asked us to read Preach My Gospel this year.  (You might think there was some sort of theme emerging here.)  Anyway, I decided to do it all.  I did invite someone to hear the missionaries before Christmas, and I made it my resolution to ask someone to hear the missionaries every month this year.  It is a REALLY hard resolution to keep, but also difficult not to keep.  It nags at my conscience worse than visiting teaching every month.  And it takes a lot of screwing my courage to the sticking place to send out a prayerful email to someone I know every month.  But so far I am on track for asking.  Here is my "halfway" report:

Kari-my December assignment.  She was too busy to reply, and told me she felt bad about that.
Deb-kindly turned me down.
Susan-also kindly turned me down, but left room for a possibility in the future.
Ashley-said yes! And was taught once in my home.  Then she got married and got busy.
Rita-kindly turned me down.
Rachel-said, "Nope, I'm good."  That is the harshest response I've gotten.  Not bad, eh?
David-is checking out Mormon.org

I emailed someone else this week--Catherine. But I felt like I should just give her the Family Search website and not invite her to hear the missionaries, which leaves me with my assignment still undone for July, the seventh month, so I'm still on seven instead of eight.

I've really only had good experiences doing this.  But it is also very hard!

Comments

  1. Anonymous5:10 PM

    Wow...I am so proud of you!!! Angi

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're doing so well! I'm happy to hear your report. It never occurred to me that an email is a possible outlet. I might give that a whirl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved it that you shared your success with M'Li's RS. Your missionary spirit is an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment