One day I'm going to have to stop calling my little ones babies. They are inches away from being 18 months old, and they are seeming pretty grown up. When they refer to themselves as babies, they are usually pretending to be a baby. Here are a few things I've noticed lately:
Griff:
-His comfort item (besides me) is a book. Any book. He LOVES books.
-He likes to run and be outside. Both at the same time are the best. "Out" is one of his best words.
-He needs me all the time still. He cries pitifully when I leave.
-He tells me when he poops, then denies it.
-He loves tools. I often forget that "Doos" means tools because I don't have this fixation. I keep wondering if he wants shoes or juice, but it almost always is that he wants tools.
-He is a good kisser. He has the cutest little pucker!
Eve:
-Her comfort item is a blankie (one of several). Also babies comfort her.
-She thinks about things and then sometimes hours later tells me a new word. Last week she woke up and said, "Adorable" after I left the book A You're Adorable in her crib.
-She is surprisingly independent. It helps her get into so many more things.
-She loves movies. She wakes up asking to see "Anna" (Frozen) or Cars.
-She is a climber! Her favorite places these days are on tops of things.
-She gives the best squeezes. She has melted several of my friends by going to them and hugging them fiercely around the neck.
One day this week I was trying to be a good mom and I let them play with a cup of raw oatmeal each. This video was as that was winding down.
Griff:
-His comfort item (besides me) is a book. Any book. He LOVES books.
-He likes to run and be outside. Both at the same time are the best. "Out" is one of his best words.
-He needs me all the time still. He cries pitifully when I leave.
-He tells me when he poops, then denies it.
-He loves tools. I often forget that "Doos" means tools because I don't have this fixation. I keep wondering if he wants shoes or juice, but it almost always is that he wants tools.
-He is a good kisser. He has the cutest little pucker!
Eve:
-Her comfort item is a blankie (one of several). Also babies comfort her.
-She thinks about things and then sometimes hours later tells me a new word. Last week she woke up and said, "Adorable" after I left the book A You're Adorable in her crib.
-She is surprisingly independent. It helps her get into so many more things.
-She loves movies. She wakes up asking to see "Anna" (Frozen) or Cars.
-She is a climber! Her favorite places these days are on tops of things.
-She gives the best squeezes. She has melted several of my friends by going to them and hugging them fiercely around the neck.
You are the best mom ever! I love to hear their cute talking. OH how they make me want more babies!!!
ReplyDeleteHallelujah, more baby pictures and even a video! They are both absolutely adorable!
ReplyDeleteOoooooh... I want one of Eve's squeezes right now!
ReplyDeleteAngi
Charming -- every second of it! Halleluja, indeed.
ReplyDeleteHeather, what a fun "word and picture story " of the "babies!" It is hard for me to relate to them actually talking and being the "little grown up babies" that they are becoming! I can hardly wait to see them in person. Alan told me on Mother's Day that you all will be in Utah the end of June....to pick up your "three big girls" from BYU. I hope you are planning on being able to spend a day or more with us here in Logan. If that isn't possible with your planned time maybe we can come down to where you guys are ! :) xo momw
ReplyDelete