Most of the best things of last week involve crossing things off of my list!
1. My BYU Alumni duties have subsided for a while. We hosted a Freshman Send-Off Party for the kids who were just admitted to BYU this spring on Sunday night. It was really fun! We had get to know you games, a BYU trivia quiz, a panel with experienced students, and a quick tutorial on the fight song. This was just after I was in charge of a (probably failed) email fundraising campaign. Things will now be fairly quiet until I have to run stuff as president of our chapter in the fall.
2. I published my blog book. It will probably be late for the intended Mother's Day present to my parents and in-laws, and the cover is appallingly simple. But it is done.
3. The indoor remodeling is winding down. The dust is more manageable and the decisions and construction are mostly done. I know this stage can last pretty much forever, but it is also much less stressful, even though we are still sharing a room with a mostly patient Wyatt.
4. I had my house cleaned. Best money I have spent all year.
1. My BYU Alumni duties have subsided for a while. We hosted a Freshman Send-Off Party for the kids who were just admitted to BYU this spring on Sunday night. It was really fun! We had get to know you games, a BYU trivia quiz, a panel with experienced students, and a quick tutorial on the fight song. This was just after I was in charge of a (probably failed) email fundraising campaign. Things will now be fairly quiet until I have to run stuff as president of our chapter in the fall.
| Three of these girls were my young women. Three of the boys took my girls to dances. |
2. I published my blog book. It will probably be late for the intended Mother's Day present to my parents and in-laws, and the cover is appallingly simple. But it is done.
3. The indoor remodeling is winding down. The dust is more manageable and the decisions and construction are mostly done. I know this stage can last pretty much forever, but it is also much less stressful, even though we are still sharing a room with a mostly patient Wyatt.
4. I had my house cleaned. Best money I have spent all year.

Ooooh...having your house cleaned. That sounds so luxurious! Like a reset. Maybe that's what I'll ask for for my next birthday.
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun party you hosted. That's a lot of kids going to BYU! You are so good to take on BYU Alumni responsibilities.
You and your young adult events. Amazing. These people look like they're ready for anything -- and they'll succeed 98 and 3/4 percent guaranteed. Well done!
ReplyDeleteSharing a room with Wyatt? I never knew about that. We need to talk more!
As if parenting 6 kids, chasing twins, teaching RS, etc etc etc weren't enough - you also do BYU alumni. Amazing! Just AMAZING!
ReplyDeleteKirsta- that is all the kids from the KC metro area--including surrounding areas. (Well, it's 2/3 of the kids we invited.)
ReplyDeleteMom- Yes. Thank you for validating me! And also reminding me why sometimes I feel like my head is going to explode.
I loved your crossing off your lists, list! I write mine on the back of an envelope...just as my mother always did...with note pads sitting in front of me I use the back of an envelope :) xo momw
ReplyDelete