We started out taking the part of the family we have with us to Big Cedar Lodge. It is a charming wilderness resort in the Ozarks on the shore of Table Rock Lake. It is owned by Bass Pro Shops, so as you can imagine, no expense was spared on taxidermy. Our favorite parts were just hanging out and playing games in our cabin, swimming in their big hot tubs on a chilly afternoon, eating outside on a perfect evening, and Willa's birthday massages (for her and me!). We went to church in Branson Missouri, which is just a few miles away on the day Willa turned 14.
 |
| Willa is much cuter than this. But I liked it of Eve. |
 |
| My church going guys. |
 |
| An amazing brunch for Willa's birthday at the antique Worman House that overlooked the lake. |
It snowed all night before we left on Monday, which was strange and beautiful.
Half of us had a less than 24 hour pit stop in Prairie Village, and then we were off for another great trip. Willa and Wyatt and I went to the Bay Area of California for some college visits and fun.
 |
| Starting the vacay with a trip to Barnes and Noble. |
 |
| This is from the parking lot next to UC Berkeley's science center. Nice view, eh? Willa was sold. |
 |
| That night Willa found us an awesome Italian restauraunt |
 |
| On the way to Stanford we stumbled upon this. |
 |
| Appreciating the Hoover Tower on Stanford's campus during the walking tour. |
 |
| Sea lions at Pier 39 in San Francisco. |
 |
| I kept suggesting things we could do on our way to Ghiradelli Square. Willa finally stomped her foot and gave me a stern look and said, ""Stop trying to distract us. I want CHOCOLATE!" |
|
 |
| Highly distractable on the way back, we found a 3 for $20 deal on sunglasses. |
 |
| My middle pair--almost the same size right now. |
 |
| Wyatt looking cool on the way home. |
 |
| Homeward bound |
We had an excellent time. But the best part of MY trip was coming home to a great reaction from my little ones and being able to wish my husband happy birthday in person.
 |
| Sporting their Cali swag |
 |
| Home to me is with this man. I'm glad to be back. |
So! You HAVE been gone from home. Having fun! I just told Kirsta today that must be the case. I've missed you! (Wish I could have been there to see the reaction of your return on your 2 youngest.) And you are GORGEOUS in that first pic!!!
ReplyDeleteHAPPY BIRTHDAY to APW! You are definitely one of the good guys!!!
Who's interested in Berkely and Stanford? For what programs? I'm very interested.
ReplyDeleteYour itty bitty t-shirts look great on Eve and Griff.
What a fun trip with your middles. And what a busy spring break! 2 trips. You Wimmers know how to use up all that energy that you have!
ReplyDeleteI'm assuming that Al was home with little twins? Wow. Just wow. He's a great man, that Alan Wimmer. Happy Birthday to both him and Willa last week.
I love one year olds, and you have especially adorable ones. THank you for sharing all the pictures and fun!
Always fun to hear your adventures and see the pics of your littles and middles....and less occasionally my Pretty Little Nieces!
ReplyDelete-Kath
What a fun spring break. I am very impressed too. College visits already?! WOW.
ReplyDeleteI love all the pictures especially the last one. You and Allen are a great looking couple.