This is how we got there:
This is what we saw the next morning:
This is what Alan was looking at:
This is the "holy water feature" (according to Wyatt):
This is who Willa and I had lunch with later that day:
Which leaves us without a picture of who we ate dinner with. The Garns are amazing and haven't changed since we saw them four years ago, except now they have two more kids--just like we do!
This is what we watched the next morning:
This is what we hiked to see that night:
This was after church the next day--Azya has a couple of new fans:
This was after an amazing day at church, a wonderful nap, a delicious salmon dinner, a beautiful sunset walk, and ALMOST enough hugs:
We also sneaked in a small visit with the Callisters--who haven't changed in the eleven years since we've seen them, except for several more children. And that is a very good thing. Our babies made a quick whirlwind of their house and then needed to leave. Matt and Laura were predictably wonderful and gracious about it.
And this is what we needed on the way home the next day:
Ah! It feels like a dream already. Mere words couldn't do it justice.
This is what we saw the next morning:
This is what Alan was looking at:
This is the "holy water feature" (according to Wyatt):
This is who Willa and I had lunch with later that day:
![]() |
| How I love these ladies--the Texas early morning walking women! |
Which leaves us without a picture of who we ate dinner with. The Garns are amazing and haven't changed since we saw them four years ago, except now they have two more kids--just like we do!
This is what we watched the next morning:
![]() | |
| Greg is somewhere on that court behind her... |
This was after church the next day--Azya has a couple of new fans:
This was after an amazing day at church, a wonderful nap, a delicious salmon dinner, a beautiful sunset walk, and ALMOST enough hugs:
![]() |
| The lighting does a good job of hiding our wrinkles--and most of our features. If you click on the picture, it lightens a little. |
And this is what we needed on the way home the next day:
Ah! It feels like a dream already. Mere words couldn't do it justice.













You Wimmers! You sneak out on the snow storm of the century, play in the Valley of the Sun for a few days and THEN tell the folks what they missed!
ReplyDeleteWow! You surely stuffed a ton of fun into a short time. I'm button bursting proud of you!
I love hearing your side of the trip. That sounds like so much fun! Great pictures too! You know how to travel!
ReplyDeleteI revel in the very thought of having you in my house when sleep schedules allowed. you are awesome.
ReplyDeleteWhat fun! And wonderful pictures of everyone. Love it!!
ReplyDeleteI also love the title of this post.
ReplyDeleteHeather, what a fun trip you had! And I knew you were there before I got your "Phebruary" trip sent! We had lunch at the Larsens with Eliza/Evan and Mariah/McKell...(who I had been expecting to be a girl. When Angi invited them (Eliza, Evan and Mariah) Mariah asked if she could bring a friend too and said the name McKell and as Angi knows a girl in their ward named McKell she assumed Mariah was bringing a girlfriend. When we got up there and were introduced I told him he was supposed to be a girl and they all broke out laughing at such a ridiculous idea (he is about 6'4") I didn't explain the mixup and I am sure they got a good laugh out of the girls "dotty old grandma!" When Mariah texted me that they were coming up Angi THOUGHT the Peruvians (one from the Peru MTC that knows Jordan) were coming for dinner...which they have said they were coming several times and something always comes up so they don't make it :) Instead of getting to know someone from Peru before Evan gets to the MTC they showed the pictures Joradan has sent of his mission and it was fun. I hadn't seen all of them and Evan really seemed interested. The girls seemed really happy and having a good time. Anyway, a long story of who told me that you guys were in Arizona!!
ReplyDeleteI couldn't believe ALL THE ICE on your greenhouse!! That isn't so unexpected for Utah but Kansas!!
Two extremes in your two letters...Kansas and "palm trees" in Arizona! xo momw
Last thing: I love how your wee ones get through the airport.
ReplyDeleteWyatt's really funny, too. The "Holy Water Feature" will forever be my favorite portion of the walk to get inside the temple.
ReplyDelete