These cute babies are only a month away from turning one, and we still look at each other and are amazed they are really here and part of our family. They definitely are related to the other kids, but they have a few things that I don't think I've seen in any of the others that are just their own.
GRIFFIN:
-Snorts. A lot. It's one of the noises he likes to make--along with clicking his tongue and barking like a tiny dog.
-Never has wanted to walk TO us, just away. I think it may be why he took a little longer than I thought it would take him to master walking. He was always turning and making detours away from outstretched hands.
-Taught himself to crawl down stairs backwards. I remember teaching all the other kids to turn around or to bump down on their bottoms, but Griff figured the whole thing out by himself and can go up and down our wood stairs like a champ.
EVE:
-Crumples in despair. She folds in half forward with her little head on the ground between her legs and wails if I don't do what she wants.
-Likes to get into tiny spaces (one day I'll have to post all the pictures of her wedged into cabinets), but seems claustrophobic if I try to put shirts on her. She gets all desperate and acts like we are trying to suffocate her as we pull tops over her head.
-May be the dancing-est baby I've had. She loves music and lets loose with fun twisting moves to almost any music she hears.
By way of update, Griffin's fourth tooth poked through the day after I posted that he had three teeth. Today he found an apple in someone else's diaper bag and was pleasantly surprised that he could take little bites of it. He spent a happy 15 minutes eating much more of it than I thought he could. Eve's third tooth finally is barely through and she hasn't really figured out biting, although she did cut little grooves into a baby carrot stick as she mauled it tonight. And Eve took three or four steps on her own tonight when she forgot I wasn't helping her.
The DEPTHS OF DESPAIR. She needs to read Anne of Green Gables. Griffin? he needs to listen to that Simon & Garfunkle song that has the words, "I Am a Rock, I Am an Island,"
ReplyDeleteThey are so adorable! And big! Will saw the pictures of them and said, "Awww, they're so much bigger." I love every little thing you share with us about them. Griffin only walks away from you...I'm so sorry! And Eve finding small spaces to squeeze into is just the cutest thing ever.
ReplyDeleteI love this update. They are so cute and big. I love reading about their little personalities showing through.
ReplyDeleteI am in awe of you keeping up with them and everything else you do.
Heather, are they adorable or what!?!?!?
ReplyDeleteI just feel like smiling when I see them. You guys have to be having a ball with the two of them. That they are tons of work goes without saying but what they add to your lives has to make you smile a lot also. (I get to enjoy the "smile part" without the "work!")
We had planned on leaving "for our winter home" today but the forecast was for rain/snow for the next couple of days so we are postponing our leaving for a couple of days when the weather is supposed to clear up. xo momw
SO FUN! I can't believe I didn't comment on this right away. They are so precious! Such lucky babies to get to come to your house!!
ReplyDelete