A Hymn of Grateful Praise

For the beauty of the earth
For the beauty of the skies
For the love which from our birth
Over and around us lies
Lord of All to Thee we raise
This our hymn of grateful praise!

For the Beauty of the Earth
LDS Hymns 92
Text: Folliott S. Pierpoint, 1835-1917
Music: Conrad Kocher, 1786-1872

I never quite believe my parents are coming even when they say they are because their travel plans are often tenuous and last-minute. The only problem with that is not letting myself enjoy the anticipation of their arrival because I fear the disappointment will be too great if they don't make it. But they came! I'm pretty sure. I do have a little bit of photographic evidence:

Grandma and the babies "watching" Willa's soccer game.

Grandpa, Eve and Griff after breakfast on Sunday.

Wyatt and Grandma, mid-toast. (Don't you think she hides it well?)

We packed in a trip to Costco, grilling chicken and eating outside on a perfect night, Willa's soccer game, a nap, a BYU fundraiser dinner and speaker at Liberty Jail, sacrament meeting (featuring an excellent and thoughtful talk by Alan Wimmer), a temple drive-by, and Wyatt's ordination to the office of a deacon and receiving the priesthood.  Except for some terrible back pain and headaches for my mom, it was quite a satisfactory 48 hours framed by beautiful--nearly perfect--early fall weather.  We are still amazed and grateful they came all this way.  Thank you again Dad and Mom!

Comments

  1. Oh, was it only 48 hours? We had more fun than that! I'm still cherishing the memories of some of the things you forgot to mention. Wonderful hugs. Griff's funny "stink eyes," which he used to tell me NO! He doesn't want to come to me from Mommy. Eve's careful examination of my necklace. Wyatt's wonderful ordination. Good conversations. Alan's super talk about wounds that I'm still pondering. Wyatt's perfect recitation of the 13th AofF. And Willa's explanation of how to get the babies tired enough to go to bed at night.(A really long slow walk.) THANK YOU SO MUCH, Wimmer family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for this post! I loved everything about it.

    Congratulations to Wyatt. What a wonderful weekend. Wish I could have been there.

    Your babies are so funny and beautiful! I love every little bit of info about them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love everything in this post! What a wonderful weekend. Congrats to Wyatt too. I really love all of those pictures. They are fabulous.

    I have to tell you when I first looked at this, Daryl was by me and said, "There is Aunt Patty. Who's that guy by her?" (Referring to Wyatt)
    With out giving me any time to explain he answered his own question saying," He's a super reader and friends with Alpha Pig and Little Red. It's Super Wy."
    I thought it was pretty funny, and told him he did look like Super Wy a little bit,(Who's name is Wyatt, as well. In case you are not up on your pbs kids shows.)and it worked out well because his name is Wyatt too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment