Update on the kids

The big ones are having a GREAT time at BYU.  The money they earned this summer was spent on these cute rooms:

Mariah's room

Eliza's room

which was probably worth it, right? But the money is gone now, so they both got jobs at the Cannon Center, which I thought was completely smart and convenient.  Here they each are with their roommates:


Mickelle, Madelyn, Hannah, Mariah

Allison, Emily, Eliza, Mariah.  (Rebecca not pictured)

But really they spend most of their time with a bunch of boys, but I think I'm not supposed to post any of the pictures I have of them.  One of them was in Eliza's first grade class in Texas, which is pretty fun.

My middles are doing pretty well too.  Willa had a couple of things she REALLY wanted to do, so we did them together.  We went to the premier of One Direction's new movie (Mariah is right, Liam is the best), and we went to Worlds of Fun on Labor Day.  Alan stayed home with the babies to give me the day "off" and to rest his problematic achilles tendon.  It was great to have friends there.
Excited to see 1D!




Wyatt was especially lucky that these fun boys were there.  They willingly invited him along and even talked him into going on a couple of the big roller coasters, which is usually not his thing.  Wyatt is doing great rocking the last year of elementary school at the same time as his only year of middle school math.  (Next year he'll be at the high school for math.)  And today he had a fun time going to Vincent's geocaching birthday party.

Goofing around together

My littles just keep getting bigger.  After Worlds of Fun we tried out the new bike trailer to take them to closing day at the pool.  It looks like they like it!



Their favorite things right now are climbing and moving.  I try not to contain them in strollers or trailers or car seats too often because it just feels mean to do that to little people who live for learning how to move.

The after-sacrament meeting free-for-all in the foyer
They are also learning to talk. We think they say things like "Hi Dad", "all done" and "hi doggy", but their most consistent sounds are "bob-bob-bob" or "up-up-up" for Griff (although we really think he does mean that he wants up) and "la-da-la-da-la-da" for Eve (which is just a really fun noise. You should try it).

Comments

  1. I think that Don Quixote print by Picasso was also in our apartment when we roomed together. Am I right? For the record: having a sister as a roommate is about the best thing for a freshman.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun! You have such a darling family. Love that bike trailer, especially the load it carries.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are such a great mom. I love your perspective on letting those babies MOVE and doing fun things with your middles. Does being married to a Wimmer give you more energy or do you just learn to go go go and get used to it? Either way, you do lots and lots and lots of great things.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Liam? Really? Faith and I both agreed that Nyall was the one we'd want to spend time with.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment