Go BYU!

I got to go to Utah this week!  It was Mariah and Eliza's birthday AND a BYU Alumni Chapters conference, so I left my babies and my middles with my excellent husband and went.  I spent about half of my time with Alyson, who is president of the KC Chapter of BYU Alumni going to meetings and a football game, and half of the time hanging out with my beautiful, brilliant, precious girlies.  And as an added bonus I got to see my mom twice and my dad once!

The alumni conference was mostly good.  There were parts that were painfully boring, but for the most part it was useful and good information with really, really good people.  My favorite part was hosting a pizza and ice cream party for the kids from the Kansas City area and telling them that we would like to fund scholarships for them.  My second favorite part was being in the Hinckley building for the meetings.  I loved President Hinckley, and it was wonderful to be in a beautifully built edifice with his name and picture on it with great views of both the mountains and the valley.

The best part of the whole trip was being with these two girls.
 
Our first photobooth pic.  Eliza is much cuter than even this.


Highlights were shopping at University Mall for birthday presents, dinner at PF Chang with Grandma Patty, a fun Greek lunch on a cold day and singing and dancing with them and their roommates and Ellen. We also went to meet up with some boys they hang out with.  We knew the tall one when he was a little guy in Texas.

Mariah, Zac, Eliza, Thomas.
One of the great things about Utah is making unexpected connections.  I saw my dear friend Sondra in the airport, as well as a couple we want to grow up to be like (the Buells); and I got to hug Glen and Kayci at the football game! 

Comments

  1. Anonymous3:48 PM

    Does life get any better than this????

    Xo k

    Kathy Wimmer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! You surely know your sister!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOPs wrong post. That one was for Kirsta's Birthday. Now for THIS post.

    What a sneaky way to get to celebrate the girls birthday/ meet their cute friends/ eat out a lot/ and even see your parents. Loved it! Do it again. SOON!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so pretty. I bet your girls like having a mom who still looks like a student.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun! Can't think of a better way to spend a few days. And what a change from taking care of littles and hanging with W's.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Paige, you are so nice. Thank you. But I do just have to tell you one of the actual BYU students took a quick glance in Eliza's room while I was there and without missing a beat said, "Oh! It's a mom!" So I can't really pass--even for a second.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment