Photos from Utah

*Disclaimer:  These photos are just the ones I took, and I'm terrible at documenting everything that happened and making sure I got one of everyone I love.  I'm especially sorry to have no photos here of Eliza, Joel, Kaden, Kaia, Jill, Bryan, Dick, Kath or any Larsens.  

We just got back this weekend from a wonderful start to our summer.  We got to fly to Utah and see family and mountains.  Both are good for the soul.  We spent the first couple of days in Alpine, which has to be one of the world's most beautiful places.  And my parents are so great at making us feel like we are doing them a favor by invading their house with our little crowd and taking over all their guest rooms.  They hosted a mini Nielson reunion and a most excellent family night with the Richins at the park for us.  And we got to visit and go to church together and breathe the same air together.  I saw half of my siblings and nieces and nephews.  I got to see Glen and Kayci with their kids (including the charming new Ruth) and hug Aunt Janene.  It was wonderful!










Tuesday morning we drove the Alpine Loop and ended at Aspen Grove, which is another of the most beautiful places ever.  We checked in for four days of happiness with the Wimmers.  Some of my favorite memories are Aspen Follies, being able to listen to the lectures uninterrupted and sitting by people I love, a wonderful lunch with my dear friend Jill, seeing my nephews play basketball and tennis, hiking to Stewart Falls and enjoying the family dance.  (You should see Angi Larsen do the limbo!)


Aunt Deb is one of the cutest people we know.  Also a great picture of Steve.  I probably should have cropped it...








Wyatt waiting for a chance at hoops.  Wait!  The guy in the left corner may be Jordan!
After we checked out, we got to take tours of Britt and Aaron's and Dick and Kathy's beautiful new houses and spend a precious few extra minutes with them, Karen and Mom and Dad.  After a stop at Rubios and a nap back in Alpine we were off to the airport for a long wait and a short flight home.



Thanks to Dad and Mom Wimmer for a wonderful reunion!

Comments

  1. What happy memories. The reunion looks like so much fun. Lots of fun people with fun family things to do. No cooking or cleaning. Can't beat that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with all your comments on the photos. Sometimes, I wish I could post comments on a photo-by-photo basis. What a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pictures! And a fabulous trip! Your babies are changing so quickly. This year will be over too soon. I need to come see you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your pictures! I am so happy we got to see you guys. I think I need to come see you too, just to have more time to visit and and get to know your fabulous kids!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment