Good, bad and ugly


Good Fathers:

Yesterday was Father's Day, and I was reminded again about the great blessing of having very good fathers.  I grew up with one of the best.  Fred Nielson makes me feel like a princess.  For some reason, he only thinks I ever did one bad thing.  And he loved me and provided for  me and taught me really good things until I grew up, and then he kept loving me and teaching me and making me feel like I am much better than I am.



Now I live with another very good father:  Alan Wimmer, who treats me like a queen.  Here he is with all of his children.  To celebrate his day yesterday we went on two walks, made him two special meals, and gave him an apron to protect his church clothes when he is in the kitchen.



Bad Sisters:

I have been feeling really guilty that when I went to Nevada I made my youngest sister go through her closet and get rid of clothes and organize things.  She really didn't want to.  And she blogged for me and it took me almost a week to blog back.  And I really want her to come visit me, but I'm hanging my head in shame and not even sure she would want to now...


Ugly truth:

Summer is kicking my tail.  I am having a hard time even putting makeup on and doing my hair.

The whole combination of having all my kids home (which I love) and having the youngest two take a turn for much higher maintenance and I don't know what else is leaving me with no energy and grasping at positive energy as I feel it sliding away from me.  Some days my biggest accomplishment is NOT telling everyone how many things are bugging me right now....  As Aspen Man says, "But they are so cute!"





Eating toast on the driveway while the rest of us work on yard work.
Eve's first day at the pool.  She thought it was okay.


Griffin was SO pleased with the pool--as long as Wyatt was there to help him walk.

Comments

  1. Those green chairs really bring out the cute in your kids. Ok. Not really -- they're cute no matter where you photograph them. Hang in there. Being bugged all the time will go away, and you'll feel normal. ("Bugged about something" was the theme of my life until I met John.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Life's like that, isn't it? It's wonderful that some very good things hang out on the very days other things look bleak. Makes life worth living. I love you so much!!! pn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your sweet words about your father and your children's father. Those babies are growing too fast. They have sparkly personalities like their mother. FP

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ivy noticed Wyatt's funny face with Griffin and said, "Maybe Griffin pooped in his swimming diaper."

    You are not a bad sister! And you look really good without doing your hair - can I borrow that ability? My hair is super lame when I don't do it.

    Thank you for posting. It was great to see your family. They keep changing, you know.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous8:57 PM

    Heather, I loved sharing a bit of your life! You describe things so well that I almost feel like I am there with you. The picture of the two little ones is the first time I agreed with Grandpa Wimmer...that they look alike!!! The same little half smile...I loved it. I don't think anyone can know how time consuming caring for two little ones with going on with your already busy life really is but I can imagine and can see you dropping into your bed each night to rest up for the coming day.....almost a treadmill sort of feeling at times. And then you share something that lets me know that you are living/loving this part of your life also. The picture that comes to mind is that is the kitten hanging on by his little claws.... :) xo-momw

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are surrounded by good men, but I don't think you could ever be a bad sister, and I am glad I am not the only one being whooped by summer and we aren't even out of school yet.
    I love all of those pictures!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment