Happy Days

I turned 42 yesterday.  My kids kept thinking it was 43, but I still have another year until that milestone.  It was a great day.  My excellent husband took the whole day off to make sure it was.  (I also got a lunch out with my friends the day before, so I really got two days of celebrating.)



He took me to our temple, which has been operating for just over a year now.  (I was newly pregnant when I was giving tours for the open house.)  Then we got lunch at Dean and DeLuca and brought it home.  Then we had a nap together, which really was a continuation of the heaven we had all morning.


Then Willa and I got our nails done together.  We had Chipotle for dinner, I got to open the beautiful painting my true love gave me, and we ate turtle cheesecake for dessert.  That night we had Standards Night for the Young Women.  All 6 baby twins in our ward were in attendance.  They are (in order from left to right) Hayden, Hunter, Beckett, Gwyneth, Griffin and Eve.



And today was the 6 month birthday for these two:


They are sitting on their own, giggling, wishing they were mobile, and eating all manner of food.  Griff is kind of offended if we don't offer him what we are eating.  The older they get, the more Eve still reminds me of Eliza, and the more Griffin reminds me of Willa as a baby--although people still always tell me he looks like Wyatt.  I told Willa that the really good and appealing things about Griffin are the things that were good about her as a baby.  They are cute in many of the same ways.

It's hard to believe we are halfway done with our baby year.  The days are often long, but the months are flying by.

Comments

  1. Long days . . . short months. So true.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:18 AM

    After 40 you deserve at least two days of celebrating, don't you think!!! You married a great man!! Glad he found you!

    -Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. It seems so funny to me to see Willa walking with Griffin like that. He's still so tiny! He's the tiniest little man.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment