I have kids who have asked if I'm going to blog about them.
Here is Eliza's unresponsive face. It's definitely put on. She and Mariah do this for entertainment. Eliza told me yesterday she wants my life--the babies, the big house, the excellent husband. (I'm not sure she means that she wants to take care of 7 other able people who can't unload the dishwasher though.)
Wyatt did well at mathletics. His team took fourth in the region. Last time the region was only 5 schools, but this time it was several school districts. He also did well in the individual testing. 3rd place in number sense, 2nd place in geometry, 9th place in statistics, 5th place in algebra, and 13th overall out of the 60 kids testing at 6th grade pre-algebra level. He donned all his medals last night and said, "When I wear these I feel like...'Take THAT, Michael Phelps!"
And Willa had the final event of her Cotillion season--the Spring Ball. She loved the part when she got to hang out at a table with her friends and be escorted by someone who cracks her up, but she hated it when they mixed things up and she got put with a group she didn't know and her dad didn't get off of work in time to come to the father-daughter/mother-son dance-off. But she LOOKED so good. Eliza and I told her that at least she had that.
I've got to go now. I've got crying babies. And very little food in the house. And this morning I feel like I might just start crying too.
Here is Eliza's unresponsive face. It's definitely put on. She and Mariah do this for entertainment. Eliza told me yesterday she wants my life--the babies, the big house, the excellent husband. (I'm not sure she means that she wants to take care of 7 other able people who can't unload the dishwasher though.)
Wyatt did well at mathletics. His team took fourth in the region. Last time the region was only 5 schools, but this time it was several school districts. He also did well in the individual testing. 3rd place in number sense, 2nd place in geometry, 9th place in statistics, 5th place in algebra, and 13th overall out of the 60 kids testing at 6th grade pre-algebra level. He donned all his medals last night and said, "When I wear these I feel like...'Take THAT, Michael Phelps!"
And Willa had the final event of her Cotillion season--the Spring Ball. She loved the part when she got to hang out at a table with her friends and be escorted by someone who cracks her up, but she hated it when they mixed things up and she got put with a group she didn't know and her dad didn't get off of work in time to come to the father-daughter/mother-son dance-off. But she LOOKED so good. Eliza and I told her that at least she had that.
I've got to go now. I've got crying babies. And very little food in the house. And this morning I feel like I might just start crying too.




You surely do have amazing children, don't you?!! I especially loved that Eliza thinks your life looks wonderful. You have a knack for making things look fun. It's just how you are.
ReplyDeleteCONGRATULATIONS WYATT! I've been waiting to hear how you did.
You do such interesting things, Willa...and you really are fabulous!
What? I didn't comment? Well, I did in person, and I hope it counted for something. My comment goes something like this: Wyatt rocks!
ReplyDeleteI think that is one of the biggest compliments ever- to have your kid want your life. You are amazing!
ReplyDeleteYour kids are so fun! Way to go Wyatt. Willa, you look stunning!
If those little twins can already unload the dishwasher,like all the big people at your house, I am blown away!