Sweet is the work

After we made Willa do her chores today, she decided she actually liked cleaning bathrooms.  I had to agree.  And it made me think of something it took me a long time to learn.  Just because it is work doesn't mean it's not fun.  And the converse is true too: just because it is fun doesn't mean it's not work.   We worked hard to get 6 of us to Las Vegas for Spring break.  And it was so worth it!  We had a great time visiting with family and doing things we really enjoyed.

I think you might be able to pinpoint the location of this photo even without Ivy's face peeking out...


Saturday night Paige's family came for dinner.  I loved seeing Greg's patience with my babies.


Kirsta and Faith both love babies.  Kirsta made a point of being there for bath times.


One of the best days ever: Meeting my parents and sisters at the temple.  Paige let me wear her temple dress, so I felt like a princess during the session, and we wore aprons made by Grandma Glenda so we had three generations represented.


Willa turned a sassy13 while we were there.  We took her shopping, out to dinner, and to the Stratosphere to do the Big Shot.


My blondie sisters at church.


Me and my youngest "twin" sister at church.  Isn't she cute?


Thanks to Paige, we had family photos after church.  I loved having all of my sisters there!


M'Li' and 2/3 of her kids.  You can't tell because of the way they are standing, but they have all outgrown her now.


Paige is the shorty in her family too.  Who would have guessed that would happen?!


Gotta love those Evanses.  They were such wonderful hosts!


The ones Mariah and Eliza left at home.  This spring break was a bit of a sad preview of our family when they go to college.


Will, Will, Bill, Willa... (reminds us of My Big Fat Greek Wedding)


My sailor babies having some tummy time.


We made it to Hoover Dam, Lake Mead, and the house I grew up in.  It was particularly fun for me and Kirsta to see how the house has been lovingly cared for and to sneak around in the desert behind the house like we did in the olden days.


Rubbing angel toes for good luck.


Remember this?  We did it again.  It is still amazing how crazy these fish go for cheap white bread.


Ivy swims like a fish!




Lunch at Rubio's with another sister:  Kathy!


We had to prove we were really there, so we did the sign and a kitchy souvenir shop.


Framing the sign while wearing her cute new dress.
Some of the things that weren't pictured that we can't forget are the fun days at the park, walking in the mornings and doing yoga on the driveway, a great bike ride for Alan, Bill and Dick, and all the excellent meals Kirsta whipped up for a crowd.  She is really good!

We are home now and recovering from all the work we went to for this fun. Thanks to Dick and Kath, all my sisters and my parents for working hard to be a part of our fun too!

Comments

  1. You already blogged? Wow. I don't have infants and I've been home six days before giving it a whack. "Why Heather, what high standards you have." "The better to entertain you with, my dear." Speaking of entertaining -- your babies are charming. It was a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. SUPER PICTURES! So much fun! I particularly like the close up of you and KJ. This post is 2nd best to being there myself. In this case, 2nd is really really good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had so much fun. I love your family. Thanks for letting my family come crash your party.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, that looks like so much fun and work! And those babies... they are getting so big. How can that be?
    Wyatt seems like a good sport to some of Willa's loving. I think my brothers would have pushed me in the lake or something.
    What a fun trip. I wish I could have been a fly on the wall and experience it too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm still glowing from your trip. How in the world did I win that lottery? You are so good to me!! Griffin and Eve are both so precious and it's so crazy how different their personalities already are.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment