This weekend we hosted a baby shower for our dear friend Caitlin, who is also expecting boy and girl twins. Willa stalked Caitlin's Pinterest board, so she knew that Caitlin loved pink and blue nautical baby things, and we went to town coming up with fun things to go with that theme.
 |
| The boat is our baby gift- filled with fun bath time things. |
 |
| Our advice jar--a message in a bottle. |
 |
| The food was divided into "Ships and Sails", which was mostly breakfast foods... |
 |
| ...and Sugar and Spice, which was all the sweet stuff. |
 |
| Cute drinks: ideas from Pinterest and our amazing friend Shelley, who owns the beautiful water dispenser. |
We didn't get pictures of the crafts we had available for people to make if they wanted to: pacifier leashes, embellished burp cloths, and baby blocks--all pink, blue and nautical. That's okay, because not many people wanted to do that anyway. Mostly people wanted to sit and visit, which I think is the best part of a shower anyway. The gifts were wonderful too: people were very generous and gave her some really sweet and useful things for her babies. And Caitlin is completely gracious and has helped our family out a lot, so it was really fun to go all out on such a special occasion.
I'm impressed with your foods. So creative. Also, I would want to see the crafts. Willa probably made a few.
ReplyDeleteYou really went all out, didn't you?! It's fun to party with you, even when it's a report of a party!
ReplyDeleteSo adorable. What a darling party. I bet Kaitlin loved it! Willa definitely has a gift (and lots of help from her mom...the graphics were so cute!)
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun shower! You are such a good friend, with fabulous assistants!
ReplyDeleteIt looks beautiful. I just don't know where you got the energy to put it all together!
ReplyDelete