Kirsta wanted some bath time pictures, and since that is one of my favorite things, I'm doing it. It also gives me a great excuse to tell you some of the things we have learned about these babies in their first nine weeks of life. For instance, they both love being in the water, probably because they are Wimmer babies. They both definitely look like Wimmer babies. And they are both very sweet and good natured. And we are pretty sure they are brilliant. Probably they are the smartest Wimmer babies yet. (Eliza told us that our kids get smarter as they get younger. "Mariah is clearly the dumbest," she said...as we fell on the floor laughing.) So here is what we know about the latest installments:
Eve is more wiggly; she has been since she was inside me. I wondered if I could just feel her more because she was on top, but they came out and she was still more wiggly. We also think she is graceful. She has really long fingers and does pretty movements with her hands.
Griffin is more laid back; he has been since he was inside me. His kicks were fewer but much stronger. We think he is a really strong baby. He doesn't just lift his head when we put him on his tummy, he lifts his feet too! It's a tiny yoga locust pose.
Eve is more social. She loves to be with the people and worries when she is alone. She engages people more with smiles so far.
Griffin is more vocal. He hums loudly and consistently when he eats. (Eve hums sometimes too. Her hum is about a third higher than his, so they harmonize.) He also likes to growl and grunt, and he is learning to sing and coo.
Eve looks like she is having a good time. She just always looks like she is up for fun.
Griffin is more thoughtful and measured in his approach. He has a good time, but not without reason!
Eve is a LOT more likely to be cross-eyed. We think it's cute for now, because we're pretty sure it won't last!
Eve doesn't like to go to bed at night. She would rather be up. With the people.
Griffin is usually a calm, good sleeper at night--and LOVES getting up in the morning. He is always up before his sister. So far, both of our boys have been definite morning people.
What a fun time we are having with these two little people! It is such a delightful thing to play with them and learn about them and see how very many genes passed directly from Alan to Griffin and from me to Eve.
Our kids are having a fun time with them too. I love to watch Mariah with them. She is really confident and good in her baby care skills, and talks to them like they are real people. "How you feeling?", she asks as she burps them. And she volunteers for baby care over almost any chore. It is really endearing.
Eliza took Eve to Peach Wave yesterday to show her friend Evan how cute she is, and said everyone thought Eve was hers. Someone told her Eve had her eyes. Well, she does. They look almost exactly alike. One of the things I've always liked about Eve is that she is so similar to Eliza. It makes me think she will be easy and fun to have around the whole time as she grows up.
Willa is going to be the hottest babysitter around soon, when people figure out she can handle twin infants with ease. She is a most excellent helper. I can leave her with a baby and know everything will be okay. Yesterday at Costco, after we fed the babies in the stroller, she took Eve and burped her and changed her in the bathroom while I burped and changed Griff surreptitiously on a couch they had for sale. And she can do pretty much anything I can do for them with great skill. Every once in a while she will just grin and tell me, "I want babies that are as cute as your babies." What lucky babies those will be!
And Wyatt is a great baby guy. Like most Wimmer men, he really enjoys babies and is quite comfortable around them. He is happy to hold them and talk to them even when they are fussy. He is kind of offended that we aren't letting him babysit them alone yet. We keep telling him he'll be there soon. But how many eleven year old boys do you know who would even think of babysitting infants? Some of his friends have needed babysitters themselves until they were twelve or past. We think Wyatt is pretty advanced. Having these four very capable big kids is such a wonderful thing with babies around. We feel blessed beyond measure.
Eve is more wiggly; she has been since she was inside me. I wondered if I could just feel her more because she was on top, but they came out and she was still more wiggly. We also think she is graceful. She has really long fingers and does pretty movements with her hands.
Griffin is more laid back; he has been since he was inside me. His kicks were fewer but much stronger. We think he is a really strong baby. He doesn't just lift his head when we put him on his tummy, he lifts his feet too! It's a tiny yoga locust pose.
Eve is more social. She loves to be with the people and worries when she is alone. She engages people more with smiles so far.
Griffin is more vocal. He hums loudly and consistently when he eats. (Eve hums sometimes too. Her hum is about a third higher than his, so they harmonize.) He also likes to growl and grunt, and he is learning to sing and coo.
Eve looks like she is having a good time. She just always looks like she is up for fun.
Griffin is more thoughtful and measured in his approach. He has a good time, but not without reason!
Eve is a LOT more likely to be cross-eyed. We think it's cute for now, because we're pretty sure it won't last!
Eve doesn't like to go to bed at night. She would rather be up. With the people.
Griffin is usually a calm, good sleeper at night--and LOVES getting up in the morning. He is always up before his sister. So far, both of our boys have been definite morning people.
What a fun time we are having with these two little people! It is such a delightful thing to play with them and learn about them and see how very many genes passed directly from Alan to Griffin and from me to Eve.
Our kids are having a fun time with them too. I love to watch Mariah with them. She is really confident and good in her baby care skills, and talks to them like they are real people. "How you feeling?", she asks as she burps them. And she volunteers for baby care over almost any chore. It is really endearing.
Eliza took Eve to Peach Wave yesterday to show her friend Evan how cute she is, and said everyone thought Eve was hers. Someone told her Eve had her eyes. Well, she does. They look almost exactly alike. One of the things I've always liked about Eve is that she is so similar to Eliza. It makes me think she will be easy and fun to have around the whole time as she grows up.
Willa is going to be the hottest babysitter around soon, when people figure out she can handle twin infants with ease. She is a most excellent helper. I can leave her with a baby and know everything will be okay. Yesterday at Costco, after we fed the babies in the stroller, she took Eve and burped her and changed her in the bathroom while I burped and changed Griff surreptitiously on a couch they had for sale. And she can do pretty much anything I can do for them with great skill. Every once in a while she will just grin and tell me, "I want babies that are as cute as your babies." What lucky babies those will be!
And Wyatt is a great baby guy. Like most Wimmer men, he really enjoys babies and is quite comfortable around them. He is happy to hold them and talk to them even when they are fussy. He is kind of offended that we aren't letting him babysit them alone yet. We keep telling him he'll be there soon. But how many eleven year old boys do you know who would even think of babysitting infants? Some of his friends have needed babysitters themselves until they were twelve or past. We think Wyatt is pretty advanced. Having these four very capable big kids is such a wonderful thing with babies around. We feel blessed beyond measure.









You are having WAY too much fun! I'm envious! This is such a terrific post. I love hearing every little detail, and the pictures are priceless!!! THANK YOU.
ReplyDeleteOh...I laughed so hard about your kids being progressively smarter (Eliza's so funny!!) that Dad stopped what he was doing to hear. He chuckled and checked out all the pictures. We think you have superior babies!
De-lightful! thank you so much! I loved Griff's little pose in the bathtub. And wrapped up like burritos - I'm sure it helps with sibling safety as well as comfort. They are so adorable and I loved hearing about how each one of your kids do with them. What a sweet time in life.
ReplyDeleteSighhhh. I'm going back to read this again.
ReplyDeleteThey are so cute! I love all the pictures, but especially the little Eve burrito needing to tell her story. I sure hope you are gaining back your energy. It looks like you will be needing it more each day with these two.
ReplyDeleteHeather, it is really early Sunday morn, I have the hot rollers in my hair, rode my bike for a half hour, did my floor exercises, ate and orange and came in to check my mail....and I got a wonderful picture story of the "water babies!" Unlike your father in law....I don't think they "look just alike!! I loved seeing their little "chubbiness" isn't it beautiful? I loved the pics of course and the story was delightful as usual. You paint word pictures with your writing. xo-momw
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful update ... they are growing sooo much. We can't wait to hold them again next week!
ReplyDeleteAng
Hello my sister. As I was reading through you intimate descriptions of Eve and Griffin u was thinking "sounds like Alan....sounds like Heather....sounds like Wimmer genes...." then got to the end and read your comment about genes passed down. We call the excess energy of Wimmer's the "W" gene. Your children are indeed beautiful and brilliant which us no surprise when you look at their parents!! You are all blessed beyond measure.
ReplyDeleteLooking forward to seeing you in Utah next week!!
Many hugs to each of you!!
Kath
You should totally shave their heads, but I guess they didn't come with that much hair anyway and you pretty much KNOW that they'll have a ton of hair no matter what you do, but it's kinda fun.
ReplyDeleteI ADORE those froggy bellies!
ReplyDeleteThey keep growing bigger and cuter all the time. This was so fun to hear how all of the kids are doing with each other. What a great snapshot of your life right now you captured. You are really good at that.
ReplyDelete