Today marks eight weeks since I had my c-section. The babies are both about 10 pounds (they weigh the same as Moses!) and doing great. My incision is ALMOST healed--it is pretty much closed, I just have a little bit of raw tissue in two places that needs to contract and go away. I'm ALMOST done with the normal kind of post-partum bleeding, and I am getting stronger every day.
I started exercising--I wonder if I should put that in quotes--a couple of weeks ago by doing something easy for ten minutes every day. I have done my dance video game, walked around the block, biked very slowly on my stationary bike, done a little yoga, and put the elliptical trainer in my
basement on the very lowest setting and had it nearly wipe me out. I decided we were ready for something more, so I wanted to walk the track at Matt Ross as well last Friday. Here is what happened. One week ago, this was my workout: I woke up at 5am, got the babies all fed (twice!), changed, and dressed in cute outfits; I dressed myself in workout clothes and ate breakfast; I changed Eve after she spit up all over herself; I buckled Eve and Griffin both into their car seats and loaded the car seats into the van by myself; and I drove to the community center where I work out, arriving at 8:40am. Then I got the car seats out of the van and into the building using the stroller, went downstairs to the pool and showed the babies off to the ladies from water aerobics. (They caused an immense stir! I think class started pretty late because all the students were in the locker room making a fuss over my little ones. And it was wonderful to see everyone again.) After that, I was fairly exhausted, but I had hoped to make it around the track at least twice and maybe do a few bicep curls because I really need to build up my arm strength--those car seats are getting heavy! So I went upstairs to the track and walked around halfway before being stopped by another couple of people who needed to greet me and the babies. I got back on my way and saw another two ladies waiting for us so they could see Eve and Griffin as we were finishing the first lap. After visiting I started in on my second lap, looked at the clock, and made the decision that we were actually done. And really, I felt like my workout was done by the time we got there. It seemed a little bit pitiful, but I also felt like I had accomplished a lot just getting there. I did do it myself, after all, and it took a huge amount of effort and energy. This week the tiny workouts have been ever-so-slightly easier. The elliptical didn't kill me, I was able to bounce just a tiny bit more as I did Dance Dance Revolution, and it is Friday again--maybe it's time to get brave and try the track again. Or maybe I'll just take a nap instead!
I tried to get a picture of my three ten pounders together, and Moses really hated it.
I started exercising--I wonder if I should put that in quotes--a couple of weeks ago by doing something easy for ten minutes every day. I have done my dance video game, walked around the block, biked very slowly on my stationary bike, done a little yoga, and put the elliptical trainer in my
basement on the very lowest setting and had it nearly wipe me out. I decided we were ready for something more, so I wanted to walk the track at Matt Ross as well last Friday. Here is what happened. One week ago, this was my workout: I woke up at 5am, got the babies all fed (twice!), changed, and dressed in cute outfits; I dressed myself in workout clothes and ate breakfast; I changed Eve after she spit up all over herself; I buckled Eve and Griffin both into their car seats and loaded the car seats into the van by myself; and I drove to the community center where I work out, arriving at 8:40am. Then I got the car seats out of the van and into the building using the stroller, went downstairs to the pool and showed the babies off to the ladies from water aerobics. (They caused an immense stir! I think class started pretty late because all the students were in the locker room making a fuss over my little ones. And it was wonderful to see everyone again.) After that, I was fairly exhausted, but I had hoped to make it around the track at least twice and maybe do a few bicep curls because I really need to build up my arm strength--those car seats are getting heavy! So I went upstairs to the track and walked around halfway before being stopped by another couple of people who needed to greet me and the babies. I got back on my way and saw another two ladies waiting for us so they could see Eve and Griffin as we were finishing the first lap. After visiting I started in on my second lap, looked at the clock, and made the decision that we were actually done. And really, I felt like my workout was done by the time we got there. It seemed a little bit pitiful, but I also felt like I had accomplished a lot just getting there. I did do it myself, after all, and it took a huge amount of effort and energy. This week the tiny workouts have been ever-so-slightly easier. The elliptical didn't kill me, I was able to bounce just a tiny bit more as I did Dance Dance Revolution, and it is Friday again--maybe it's time to get brave and try the track again. Or maybe I'll just take a nap instead!
I tried to get a picture of my three ten pounders together, and Moses really hated it.
Oh, and we ended up doing yoga today. All three of us. :)




And they are getting their hair back! The twins I mean, not Mo.
ReplyDeleteWow! You are amazing. 20 pound arm curls - lifting babies to car seats -to garage - into van - out of the van - into the strollers - etc. etc. etc. No wonder you get tired! I need a nap just reading about it.
I LOVE the yoga pictures! And I LOVE you!!
This is comical and I completely get it - halved of course in my case. :)
ReplyDeleteAngi
You are amazing and hilarious. The only way I can relate at all is helping britt get three kids in and out of cars and store, in carts, back in cars. It's exhausting!!! The babes are precious. Can't wait to see all of you in Logan!
ReplyDeleteHugs...k
It's utterly impossible to post too many pictures of your babies. Don't ever wonder if you've over done it. The answer will be no. I love your description of the day. You've got quite the celebrity family in local circles. Awesomeness. Funny stories. Great lady. Love love love.
ReplyDeleteHeather, I soooooooo loved this post! Firstly because you are "almost healed!" and secondly , anything with "the bubs" in is a fun read/look! I could see "the tolerant expression" on Moses' face as he put up with "yet another" embarrassing moment with these two little creatures that had come into HIS home! Wayne came in while I was reading and as he looked at the first pic (with Moses) and said EVE WAS GRIFFEN (I am assuming the pink WAS Eve!!) He isn't going to be able to tell these two apart any better than he has the girlies!! I love it. I am also VERY impressed with your "body building plan."
ReplyDeleteYou do indeed need muscles to heft those car seats!! With the muscle loss that I have in my arms ..just because I am elderly :) always surprises me when I try to lift things that in the past were fairly simple! If I were your age I would do something about it but as I am not...I just don't attempt to lift things that I know are going to be heavy!!
I'll be the "water ladies" did love having you bring the babies. There were some really sweet ones in your class. They adopted ME because I was with YOU! xo- momw
Your babies are getting so big! They are precious. I am really impressed with how diligent you are in exercising. Just getting to the gym sounds like it was so much work. Good job amazing woman!
ReplyDeletewhy don't i look that cute doing yoga? they are precious.
ReplyDeleteglad you're feeling good!! :)
When you wrote this I was eight weeks, plus or minus, from meeting our little one. What number fun. Though I think your fun is more than mine right now!
ReplyDeleteThey are so cute and getting so big!
Good luck with your arm curls. I have been thinking that I need to be working my arms out more for what is to come and I will only have one.