Update, day 11

People keep asking how we are, so I'm going to put it in writing. Eve: She is our "Tiny E Two". Our first Tiny E was Eliza, who was much smaller. But Eve is definitely the tiniest one at our house. She started out with a 3 ounce advantage over her brother, but he is a champion nurser and caught up with her by the time they left the hospital. By now, judging by their cheeks and how they feel, he has definitely surpassed her in weight. At eleven days old, Eve seems very social. She is much happier when she is touching someone. We are so glad she came with a buddy. And she is pretty intense. She complains more and still gets worked up and bites and gnaws her way through her meals. But she is extra sweet, and she is seriously into pink. We don't know if that is because 98% of the clothes we have for her are pink or if it is because she actually is a very girly girl.

 Griffin: Griffin is such a sweet little boy. He seems easy going and mellow to us, especially in comparison to his little sister. And he loves his food. He would be happy to just hang around nursing all day. Wait. This is sounding very like his older brother. He has much of the peace that Wyatt brought with him when he was born. I love my baby boys!

 Me: I got 6 hours of sleep last night! Boo yah! They weren't in a row, but still! I am encouraged. I woke up singing. My energy level is still laughable, but my incision is slowly, ever so slowly, healing. Alan says it looks good. I try not to look at it. I feel like I have almost lost all the swelling. I just still have a little residual puffiness in my ankles and legs, but my older kids keep telling me what a small person I seem. Even to myself, I am kind of amazed at how skinny my fingers and arms and legs look. And the belly will come too. Probably. Some day.

 I am posting pictures of us today. Eve, then Griffin, then before and after of me. You'll notice I'm wearing the same outfit in the two pictures. I'm at that awkward moment when I realized that even though I might fit into some of my pre-pregnant clothes, my maternity ones are probably more stylish and in better shape. My favorite things right now are sleep, being more comfortable than I've been in months, and my iphone, which allows me to accomplish a few things while I sit and nurse or pump.


Comments

  1. WOW! You're so dang pretty. I love the before and after photos. Wouldn't it be great if weight loss for everyone could take, oh, a week?

    ReplyDelete
  2. "and the belly will come too," Belly? What belly? You look amazing! I can't believe you gave birth to twins 11 days ago. And your babies look amazing too! I yearn to hold them and talk to their family face to face.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look at you, all skinny again. Amazing! Your babies are easier to tell apart with every picture you send. Aren't they? What precious prizes you got from your stay in the hospital!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heather, you are back!  Not just "size wize!"  (I loved that you used the same outfit!) but there is a lift in your writing voice....when we talked I felt your ....tiredness...soreness??????  And the babies, your pics make them seem soooooooooo much older than the last ones!  Is that possible for a weeks growth to show?!?!??   I can see Griffin's daddy in his eyes...can you?  He is wrapped in the light blanket I gave him and his sister...don't you love the "feel of babies in flannel fabric....it just seems like the two go together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. they are perfect and beautiful!! and so are you. your family is right - you do look like a very tiny person!! eve looks like her big twin sisters to me when they were tiny. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. my boy was much more pleasant to nurse than my girls too. why is that? (my girls both worked their way into it, but izzy still bites all the way through... thank heavens she didn't follow my other 2 with early teething!)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment