This is a string of emails between me and a very sweet girl I visit teach who had a baby girl just a week after Eve and Griffin were born:
Hey Heather,
Hey Heather,
I was wondering if you needed / wanted any breast milk.
I am swimming in it, my milk came in a few days ago and I have been
pumping as a last resort to alleviate the discomfort. I don't really have
a need for all the extra and hate to keep dumping it out. So if you
would like to have it, its all yours. Just let me know. I was thinking
about getting all tested so I can be a milk donor, but if you wanted it
Id love for you to have it.
Shani
PS My
phone is missing calls like crazy. I'm missing almost every call and get a
voicemail days later, really frustrating. So just email me back when
you get a chance.
Shani-
Yes, yes, yes!!! I just found out my babies are losing weight because
I am not making enough. Thank you for thinking of me.
And I never heard about your baby! I knew she must be here, but I need details.
Hope you're feeling okay and getting some rest.
Love, Heather
I am not making enough. Thank you for thinking of me.
And I never heard about your baby! I knew she must be here, but I need details.
Hope you're feeling okay and getting some rest.
Love, Heather
Shani-
Your milk has been such a huge blessing! After researching and thinking about it, Alan decided it wasn't a medical necessity for you to have any testing done, so we have been blowing through it pretty quickly. They are eating an ounce from you and one from me at each feeding. Is there any way we can pick up some more from you?
I was also wondering about the bags. If they are easier for you, I'd be happy to pick some up and bring them when I come. I was guessing they aren't reusable, so I threw away the ones you brought. Let me know if I am wrong and I will wash them out and return them to you.
Also, I have plenty of freezer room and would love to have as much milk as you can make--with twins and my dismal production, I'm pretty sure we can use all of it. If you want, I can even store some for you in case Amelia decides she will take a bottle.
Thanks for coming and bringing milk yesterday. You were an answer to my prayers.
Love,
Heather
Your milk has been such a huge blessing! After researching and thinking about it, Alan decided it wasn't a medical necessity for you to have any testing done, so we have been blowing through it pretty quickly. They are eating an ounce from you and one from me at each feeding. Is there any way we can pick up some more from you?
I was also wondering about the bags. If they are easier for you, I'd be happy to pick some up and bring them when I come. I was guessing they aren't reusable, so I threw away the ones you brought. Let me know if I am wrong and I will wash them out and return them to you.
Also, I have plenty of freezer room and would love to have as much milk as you can make--with twins and my dismal production, I'm pretty sure we can use all of it. If you want, I can even store some for you in case Amelia decides she will take a bottle.
Thanks for coming and bringing milk yesterday. You were an answer to my prayers.
Love,
Heather
Oh good, I'm glad that they are drinking well. I have 5 oz in the
freezer in two little bottles. My main concern is freezer space, I have
virtually zero. Considering that, the bags are a much better option for
me, since they lay flat. And you were right about the bags, they are
sterile, one time use bags. But yes, definitely feel free to come by
tonight and get more milk. I will pump more tonight, now that I know
you'll be using it for sure. Let me know. You ought to text me back, I
see it faster (I think my phone is fixed now).

Huge blessing. I've always been jealous of big milk producers. I don't excel at lactating. Warms my heart that you have a friend who would donate milk to our new babies!
ReplyDeleteBoth of your posts today made me cry. I'm sorry for the medical trauma, I'm so grateful you're okay, I'm thankful you have a doctor husband, I'm thankful you have two big girls who can take care of things at home, I'm grateful that Eve's fingernails are painted, I'm grateful that your friend was so kind as to offer milk to you. It sounds like pioneer-style consecration. In Born Agin parlance, "God is good." So kind, so mindful of us.
ReplyDeleteMuch love,
Jill
Amazing. This is just the kind of help you needed -- and so timely.
ReplyDeleteOh, the happiness of finding enough breast milk to fill 2 tiny tummies. God bless your sweet sister friend, who has enough to share, and is generous enough to DO IT!
ReplyDeleteHeather, what a neat story of a need and a friend! Because YOU are such a good friend it seems like GOOD FRIENDS just surround you! What a special need/solution to present itself. I already like "Shani"....xo momw
ReplyDelete