Yesterday we dressed the babies up in heirloom clothing and sneaked them to church. I wanted to get out of the house and to take the sacrament, so we sent the big kids ahead and Alan loaded the babies and me into the van a few minutes later just in time to arrive in the foyer of the church as they were singing the sacrament hymn. We stayed out there and received the sacrament and listened to a few testimonies before it became just too much for me. It was fun to be in the hallway and see all the people that are in and out (I had to tell them I wasn't really there). And we had a fun time guessing who was speaking and being in a place where we could comment to each other on what they were saying. It was a good subterfuge. Too much for me, but good.
![]() |
| Griffin, wearing the sweater Grandma Wimmer made for Alan |
![]() |
| Eve, wearing Mariah's preemie clothes and booties made by Grandma Wimmer |
![]() |
| The silly selfie we texted our kids to test if they were paying attention in church. |
![]() |
| Eve, asleep in the foyer. Blanket by Aunt Deb for Eliza |
![]() |
| Griffin, asleep in the foyer. Blanket by Grandma Wimmer |





Precious! Absolutely Precious! That Grandma Wimmer is such an amazing woman to be able to dress your little ones in such finery!
ReplyDeleteI worry about your public appearances with that wound in the condition it is in. But I surely understand the need to get out and to take the sacrament.
ReplyDeleteYou and Alan are funny.
ReplyDeleteHeather, how fun are pictures!? I loved them in their "Retro duds." and the new ones of course. Now when you get completely well life will be perfect. I was thinking how great to have all the help that you have with the babies but it is too bad people "can't help" our bodies to heal faster...something that only time can do I'm afraid
ReplyDeleteI love it that your sneaky thing was going to church. That was really cute. And those babies!!!! I NEED TO LOVE THEM!
ReplyDelete