When I was pregnant with these two, I once woke up in the night slightly panicked that I was going to have to breast feed twins again. I think that nursing my first set of twins may have been the hardest thing I have ever done. I prayed, and got nothing specific, just a peaceful, "it will be okay" feeling, and I went back to sleep.
Fast forward a couple of months, and I had those babies, and I am still a marginal milk maker. And it is turning out okay. Even better than okay. Friday night, as I was on my way home from the doctor (my incision is infected...check off yet another complication I've had...), I stopped by my friend Lindsey's house and visited with her for a couple of minutes. She commented on how my hair is growing and I told her hair growth was one of my skills. My other one is not sweating a lot. Then I told her I thought that was related to also not producing much milk. She looked at me and said, "Wait there." And she went into her house and came back with a grocery bag full of frozen breast milk for me. I was so touched I nearly cried. I feel like she was another angel answering my prayer. That she is another means the Lord is providing for me to accomplish the thing I felt commanded to do.
That makes two sweet sister/friend/angels who are helping me feed my babies. When I think about it I know that I need to add my witness that it is a great blessing from the Lord. And this scripture takes on new meaning to me when I think of measuring out my sisters' milk and shaking it together with my own poor contribution.
Luke 6:38
Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom. For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again.
Fast forward a couple of months, and I had those babies, and I am still a marginal milk maker. And it is turning out okay. Even better than okay. Friday night, as I was on my way home from the doctor (my incision is infected...check off yet another complication I've had...), I stopped by my friend Lindsey's house and visited with her for a couple of minutes. She commented on how my hair is growing and I told her hair growth was one of my skills. My other one is not sweating a lot. Then I told her I thought that was related to also not producing much milk. She looked at me and said, "Wait there." And she went into her house and came back with a grocery bag full of frozen breast milk for me. I was so touched I nearly cried. I feel like she was another angel answering my prayer. That she is another means the Lord is providing for me to accomplish the thing I felt commanded to do.
That makes two sweet sister/friend/angels who are helping me feed my babies. When I think about it I know that I need to add my witness that it is a great blessing from the Lord. And this scripture takes on new meaning to me when I think of measuring out my sisters' milk and shaking it together with my own poor contribution.
Luke 6:38
Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom. For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again.
Oh my! That is so tender. I'll love that verse even more from now on. You have such wonderful friends. That's the reward of being such a good friend yourself. Blessings upon blessings. (But it isn't fair that your incision is infected!)
ReplyDeleteTo be so well blessed gives you a lot of confidence in God. Next time he wants you to move a mountain, you'll probably just respond, "Ok. Which one?"
ReplyDeletethat is so cool. i'm a really great milk maker... and a really bad pumper and milk saver. next time i'm going to do better. to help someone else. thanks for the inspiration.
ReplyDeletep.s. i'm so sorry your incision is infection. yuck. i was allergic to my stitches after iz. yuck again. no fun at all.