-Dream: I had the wackiest dream last week. I didn't even know I was sleeping enough
to have crazy dreams during this pregnancy, but last night I dreamed I
was having a mammogram (huh?!) while I was this pregnant and they accidentally overshot and got my belly too. They
told me I was having not twins, but QUADS. They said ultrasounds can
mask other babies in there (yeah, right...) and by x-ray they were quite
certain that I was having 4 boys instead of 1 boy and 1 girl. It felt
so real! I was happy about the babies, but worried about what happened
to my girl and worried I would burst open. (I was in pain while I was
dreaming--I think it was just some Braxton Hicks contractions.) And I was so
relieved to wake up and see the holes in this story and know I was only carrying two.
-Snore myself awake. I usually get up and try to get the congestion in my soft pallet to sink down a little before trying to sleep again after this. Sometimes it works.
-Snore my husband awake, who will then be unable to sleep and wake me up as he is trying to sneak out of bed.
-Have heartburn wake me up. I have been sleeping on a terrible pier of pillows to try to avoid this and help with the snoring. I finally decided it wasn't helping that much.
-Wake up with baby B snuggling up under my ribs in her favorite place. Ouch!
-Wake up needing to go potty. I feel great if I get two or three hours without this happening...
-Wake up every 15 minutes for another contraction. This happened with Willa for about a week and a half before she came. It happened on Sunday night (for about 7 hours), and I am doing everything I can to avoid it happening more because I don't want to have to labor AND have a c-section. That is just a bad deal. But I'm not sure if I've figured out a way to really stop it yet...
Ahh. There's the rub. No wonder I have been dreading bedtime!
-Snore myself awake. I usually get up and try to get the congestion in my soft pallet to sink down a little before trying to sleep again after this. Sometimes it works.
-Snore my husband awake, who will then be unable to sleep and wake me up as he is trying to sneak out of bed.
-Have heartburn wake me up. I have been sleeping on a terrible pier of pillows to try to avoid this and help with the snoring. I finally decided it wasn't helping that much.
-Wake up with baby B snuggling up under my ribs in her favorite place. Ouch!
-Wake up needing to go potty. I feel great if I get two or three hours without this happening...
-Wake up every 15 minutes for another contraction. This happened with Willa for about a week and a half before she came. It happened on Sunday night (for about 7 hours), and I am doing everything I can to avoid it happening more because I don't want to have to labor AND have a c-section. That is just a bad deal. But I'm not sure if I've figured out a way to really stop it yet...
Ahh. There's the rub. No wonder I have been dreading bedtime!
Granted. I've never been pregnant with twins...but I always think the trouble sleeping is Heavenly Father's way of training you to be used to no sleep when the baby comes. And the heartburn is gone...so just no sleep feels like a bonus. Checking daily for the baby update. You are magnificent.
ReplyDeleteYou're right, of course, Jenny. I've always thought the same thing. The real bonus though, is being able to play with babies in the night instead of Facebook.
ReplyDeleteI think it would be lovely to be completely rested before giving birth. Then when the babies come so you wouldn't be sleep deprived and could enjoy playing with your prizes in the night Wouldn't that be lovely?!
ReplyDeleteWow. Quads. That would be monumental. Whatever the wackiness of the dream, I'm glad you got things figured out. I bet it was good to get some REM, too.
ReplyDelete