29. Feeling the love

Tonight I'm kind of overwhelmed with the kindness of my friends.  I've had several people offer to help me, to set up meals and to give baby showers.  I just sent a list of people to invite to a baby shower and I'm pretty sure there are probably people I've forgotten.  One of the moms from school asked if she could set up a web site for people to sign up to bring us meals.  And my book club wants to give me a baby shower.  And one of my dear sister/friends has offered to come stay with me after Alan goes back to work to help cook and drive kids places while I'm healing from my c-section.  And another wants to come help hold babies if I need a nap.  And this doesn't even count my mom and mother-in-law and sisters who would totally be here in a heartbeat if I asked them to.  And although I really didn't save hardly anything from my other babies, I feel a bit sheepish because we are at a stage in life where we can easily provide for these two new ones, and I have a really great family who are going to help me a lot.  Truly, I am so blessed.

I'm also kind of rambly and tired.  I think it is time to be done for tonight, which is also a good thing.  It means day 29 is almost over and we can jump down to 28!

Comments

  1. SO tender to be so loved. What thoughtful people you know. I love them too and I don't even know them. God bless them all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe my thoughts today would detract from the mood, but here goes. In a world where every person you see is a small chamber of incredibly powerful acid surrounded by nearly ph neutral fluids, isn't it a miracle that two new lives can develop just inches from that stomach acid, and come out totally normal?

    Maybe the normal part remains to be seen. I'm actually anticipating brilliant and beautiful beyond compare.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment