Homecoming






Mariah and Eliza had a great time getting ready for Homecoming (which, as you know, is the whole point of going...) and ended up looking fabulous (which is, okay, probably more the point). Eliza went with Austin, who plays football for a rival school and turned out to be incredibly fun and charming--the perfect date. Mariah went with David, who must like her a whole lot because yes, he was just here last month. Madison went with Rob because his girlfriend couldn't go and she thought it was okay for him to take Madison, who is beautiful and fun and sings in Chambers choir with him. All the kids came to our house for pictures, which was really fun, because all the parents and even some grandparents came too and we had a huge, loving, supportive, picture-taking crowd on our driveway for about a half hour that night. I didn't think about taking a picture of the picture takers until it was too late.

The best part was that OUR Grandma and Grandpa got to be there. They flew in as Dick flew out and got to be part of the fun for Homecoming night. Aren't they such a great looking couple?








Comments

  1. Looks like a fun group! It was so much fun to hear it from your mouth, but you just can't imagine how big Eliza's date is until you see a picture of him. A real giant!

    I love Eliza's and Mariah's dresses. Were they hard to find?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mariah found her dress early on modcloth.com, and Eliza found hers without me at Dillards on her first try. Which seemed really easy, actually.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And yeah. In each picture, Eliza is wearing 6 inch heels. That gives you a little more of a feel of how very big Austin is. A foot taller and almost twice as heavy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've noticed the sleeves. Your girls look classy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What fun. I noticed the sleeves too, very nice. How great to have all the picture taking crew at your house, plus grandparents.
    This also makes me happy that long dresses were in style when I was in school, because I don't do well with short and that seems to be the trend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Heather, what a fun "stroll down memory lane!" Seeing the pics of our fun first night at your place was a reminder of just how much we enjoyed our stay. As I expected, your father-in-law agreed what a great time we had....but cautioned me that we may have to put a stop to the trips!!! xo momw

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great photos! Gorgeous girls, especially M & E. It's nice they are making such fun memories of their senior year in HS.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment