 |
| Baby A--Our boy |
 |
| Baby B--Our little girl |
One of the fun things about having babies these days is fancier ultrasounds. This is the 3-D version that I got today. Baby A is still breech with his bum to my right and his feet to my left and head up nearly to my ribs. He is supposed to weigh almost 4 pounds. Baby B has her head down by her brother's feet, twisted to get away from the punishment, and her bottom up under the left side of my ribs which gives her feet plenty of room to kick her brother and me all the time. She is supposed to weigh about 3 and a half pounds, but may be more because she was so hard to measure and they have always been closer than that in weight. Both of them like to have their hands up by their faces, and both of them have hair. Little sister has much more than her brother, which in our family has always been true of baby girls vs. boys.
The other fun thing I got today was a birthday for these babies. We have a c-section scheduled for December 3, which is just over 38 weeks, and is a pretty cool birthday when you look at it in numbers: 12/3/12. Just 7 and a half weeks left, if I can keep them in that long. I think I can, I think I can, I think I can...
How fun! I think that women in their third trimester should get weekly ultrasounds to remember what all the pain is for. There's nothing better than seeing those precious babies growing!
ReplyDeleteIt's hard to tell what part of girl Wimmer the photo is. So glad to hear about hair and hands etc.
ReplyDeleteWhat a thrill to see the babies! I'm having a hard time making out what I am looking at with the baby girl. I'm just glad to see them! Dec. 3 is a great day for a birthday!!
ReplyDeleteWith baby B the view is looking up from the bottom of her chin, so you can see kind of up her nose and her hand is up by her forehead. Alan likes to turn this one upside down because it is like one of those optical illusion pictures. Upside down it looks like a really ugly Asian baby sticking her tongue out.
ReplyDeleteAlan is right. Too funny. What fun to see the babies like this. We are so excited for your family!
ReplyDeleteHeather, these pics are unbelievable!! Boy baby looks like he is holding his little hand to the side of his face too. Wherever they are now I imagine that is where they need to plan on staying for a few weeks...there just isn't any space to do a "turn around" in there! I remember the "tumbling almost" feel and these two just have to settle for a few "kicks and punches!" You all are always in my prayers but on "the day" you will be in my prayers all day! xo momw just looked at the girl baby and HER hand is above her head...isn't it? Every time I look at this kind of pic I see a bit different things.
ReplyDelete