Alan and his oldest brother Dick are off on a long-planned adventure this week. They are riding the Katy trail across the state of Missouri. This picture was as I was dropping them off at the train station early Monday morning. They got off in St. Louis and took a 30 mile ride to find the trailhead, which was blocked off by a very long train. They tried to hike around it and ended up crawling and passing their bikes under it. The plan is to ride 60-80 miles a day until Wyatt and I meet them in Sedalia for Wyatt to ride the shortest leg of the trip with them. I'll pick them up at the end of the trail and shuttle them and their bikes back home in time to go to our high school's homecoming football game this weekend.
Alan and his oldest brother Dick are off on a long-planned adventure this week. They are riding the Katy trail across the state of Missouri. This picture was as I was dropping them off at the train station early Monday morning. They got off in St. Louis and took a 30 mile ride to find the trailhead, which was blocked off by a very long train. They tried to hike around it and ended up crawling and passing their bikes under it. The plan is to ride 60-80 miles a day until Wyatt and I meet them in Sedalia for Wyatt to ride the shortest leg of the trip with them. I'll pick them up at the end of the trail and shuttle them and their bikes back home in time to go to our high school's homecoming football game this weekend.
Comments

Those Wimmers are something else. Does everyone who reads your blog know the age difference between Alan and his oldest brother?
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad they're prosocial because with all that extra energy, wow they could cause some serious havoc.
Passing bikes UNDER the train? Not to be deterred. That's the coolest thing ever.
ReplyDeleteIsn't it grand that some people find joy in doing what others would consider torture. I wonder if that's how the pioneers were. Perhaps some found felt like the trail West was heaven while others faced a trial every day. Is it all in the attitude or does it have something to do with energy levels?
ReplyDeleteThat is so neat. What a great brother bonding time and even better that Wyatt got to join in a little.
ReplyDeleteSo COOL.