I know I am lame for not posting earlier, but my pictures of our very fun vacation are a little bit lame too. For almost every Wimmer reunion I feel justified in my camera laxity because I know it is being photographically covered in great detail. Just not by me. And then I get home and have only a few bad pictures of our fun. So anyway, here it is:
We got there a day early and had a great time hanging out with Ali and her kids. In the morning Dick, Alan and Ali took the kids on a biking tour of Coronado Island. Later, we took a pedicab up the harbor to the Maritime Museum, where we bought a family membership, because for our group it was the most economical way to enter. Wyatt's favorite part was being pedaled there by the very loquacious "Red Baron" who has been biking people around San Diego for 17 years and told us an other-wordly legend about the origin of redheads. Too bad we only got a picture of his back. All the smiles are due to his monologue.
I took this picture because it showed Eli looking very much like his dad. Before Eli turned his head, they were in the exact same position. This trip was fun because I got to talk to Eli as an adult, which made him seem even more like Doug.
In the afternoon, we toured the USS Midway, which was an active aircraft carrier until the early 2000's. This is Willa piloting a fighter jet from inside its massive storage bay.
That night the actual reunion started with the adult dinner in Little Italy and the kid pizza party at the hotel. Mariah and Eliza somehow have wrongly convinced us that goofy expressions are the way to go in almost every picture. Maybe it is because they look cute even with the funny faces. For some reason it doesn't translate when the parents follow suit.
The rest of the reunion was dreamy, relaxing in the sun. We had a day chilling on the beach and eating Dick's catered fabulous Mexican lunch, and a day eating more Mexican and swimming in the best pool I've ever seen at Alan's cousin's house in Solana Beach. We are still humbled at their gracious hosting. Thanks Dick and Kath and Kelley and Troy for two wonderful days!
We got there a day early and had a great time hanging out with Ali and her kids. In the morning Dick, Alan and Ali took the kids on a biking tour of Coronado Island. Later, we took a pedicab up the harbor to the Maritime Museum, where we bought a family membership, because for our group it was the most economical way to enter. Wyatt's favorite part was being pedaled there by the very loquacious "Red Baron" who has been biking people around San Diego for 17 years and told us an other-wordly legend about the origin of redheads. Too bad we only got a picture of his back. All the smiles are due to his monologue.
The next day we had more family join us (Karen, Doug and Marc arrived with their families). We had fun hiking around the tide pools at Point Lomas in the morning.
I took this picture because it showed Eli looking very much like his dad. Before Eli turned his head, they were in the exact same position. This trip was fun because I got to talk to Eli as an adult, which made him seem even more like Doug.
In the afternoon, we toured the USS Midway, which was an active aircraft carrier until the early 2000's. This is Willa piloting a fighter jet from inside its massive storage bay.
That night the actual reunion started with the adult dinner in Little Italy and the kid pizza party at the hotel. Mariah and Eliza somehow have wrongly convinced us that goofy expressions are the way to go in almost every picture. Maybe it is because they look cute even with the funny faces. For some reason it doesn't translate when the parents follow suit.
The rest of the reunion was dreamy, relaxing in the sun. We had a day chilling on the beach and eating Dick's catered fabulous Mexican lunch, and a day eating more Mexican and swimming in the best pool I've ever seen at Alan's cousin's house in Solana Beach. We are still humbled at their gracious hosting. Thanks Dick and Kath and Kelley and Troy for two wonderful days!










I'm so glad you posted about your reunion. It's funny that you absolve yourself from taking pictures if other people are doing it. I do that too!
ReplyDeleteYou have such fun kids. Every single one of them. And I really like your hair. It doesn't look like it's in a "growing out stage". It looks like a real do.
It has been a lot of years since I saw your father in law. Do people still call him Pappy? He's awesome.
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun family you married into...and contributed gorgeous children to....and blended your own goodness to. Thanks for the pictures. Those Wimmer nieces and nephews have surely grown up, huh?? I really like your in-laws, don't you?
ReplyDeleteWhat a reunion. That sounds so fantastic! I like your hair too. Your in-laws seem wonderful. Sometimes because I am weird, when I am in Logan I think I should look them up and tell them how much I like their kids! Also there is a store up there with Wimmer on it, any relation?
ReplyDeleteKayci--my inlaws ARE wonderful and would probably be delighted to see you. My brother-in-law Steve owns the Wimmer's store on No. Main. He is the 3rd generation Wimmer to run the store. His parents would have more time (and inclination) to visit if you're ever serious about looking them up, and they live a block behind (west of) the store.
ReplyDelete