My girls are particularly good at planning fun things to do. I had been tired of them doing relatively little with their time this summer (although I'm torn about that too, because isn't that what summer is for?), so I asked Willa and Wyatt to make a plan for their day one morning. I made sure chores were the first thing on the list and then let them decide what they wanted to do with the rest of the day. Willa's eyes lit up and she said, "Let's have a party!" Of course. So she enlisted Wyatt's help as she called their friends who had just come back into town, wrote out a treat shopping list, walked to the store and bought things to make a snack mix she saw online, moved the furniture, set up the treats, and called the friends back to make sure they were coming. They all disappeared to the basement (and I probably shouldn't admit that I sneaked off to Target with the friends' mom) while they watched Kicking and Screaming. It was a Very Good Day.
Mariah and Eliza, as you know, are not a whit behind their sister when it comes to having a good time. They cooked up a road trip to Omaha to see Ellen while all of this was happening. It was glorious. And so much better than traveling without each other.
Mariah and Eliza, as you know, are not a whit behind their sister when it comes to having a good time. They cooked up a road trip to Omaha to see Ellen while all of this was happening. It was glorious. And so much better than traveling without each other.
Fun sure is easy to come by at your house. I'm impressed with you letting your kids plan parties while you're pregnant. How do you grow two babies and still do everything else all at the same time? You're amazing.
ReplyDeleteA party, of course! So like your precious Willa. I adore those fun Wimmer grandchildren!! I also think you are extra brave to let your girlies go on road trips. But that's because you are a truly amazing mother! LOVE YOU!!
ReplyDeleteYou are the best mom ever.
ReplyDeleteI don't know, you guys. Maybe I'm just a tired mother who says yes. I didn't actually do any of these things. I just sat back and watched them happen.
ReplyDeleteI think you are great for agreeing to them and letting them happen. It all sounds fun, especially the sneaking away to Target!
ReplyDelete