Father's Day began with a not-so-surprise breakfast for Alan. (He wasn't surprised because he watched us prepare it. Also, Mariah says Dad's never surprised by anything you give him. He knows everything.) We had Panera bagels, Naked juice, hard boiled eggs, yogurt, and fresh fruit. We talked about things that Alan taught us. Mariah learned how to ride a bike, Eliza learned how to properly roll a hose up and how to rationalize exponential expressions, Willa learned how to spray paint a fence, Wyatt learned how to water plants, and I learned the right way to make a hamburger. After breakfast we went to church and heard two well-done Father's Day talks and one that was probably good but put us to sleep. When we got home, we ate a lunch of yummy leftovers and took a nap. I made some succulent salmon (Eliza's words) for dinner, and it was totally a hit. (Thank you, Costco!) As we ate, we talked about our grandfathers and their lives. In the evening, we took a peaceful walk to the park and played Scattergories.
Alan is a wonderful father to my children. He is very generous with them, and is always willing to help them get things done. I love that he teaches them to work and to fulfill their responsibilities. He loves spending time with them as much as they love spending time with him. I'm so very blessed to have him in my life.
Alan is a wonderful father to my children. He is very generous with them, and is always willing to help them get things done. I love that he teaches them to work and to fulfill their responsibilities. He loves spending time with them as much as they love spending time with him. I'm so very blessed to have him in my life.
Heather, I am so glad that you love my son and that he is so good to you...xo momw
ReplyDeleteSuch a happy life. Tell Al he's awesome -- Azya wistfully wishes to get his insights on the medical field, only she's too intimidated. Ah.
ReplyDelete