Conference

The first two pictures are screen shots from my iPad as I figured out I could watch conference on it in a hotel room. (You probably recognize Elder David Archuleta. You may not recognize Andy Unsworth, the organist who was in our ward when he was getting his doctorate at Duke.) The second three pictures are conference at our house. My kids love it. I am not sure if they love the actual messages as much as the blankets, coloring and snacks, and napping in the library, but whatever. We'll take them where they are and bring them along. Wyatt did say several times how much he loved President Uchtdorf's and President Holland's talks. Me too.

There were lots of repeated messages this year. Here are some that I heard:
1. Children are an heritage of the Lord. Teach them to understand the doctrine. They are worth sacrificing for.
2. There are 136 temples in operation right now. (I think Kansas City will be number 137!)
3. Avoid being judgmental! (Cook and Uchtdorf)
4. Rely on Holy Ghost and revelation. (Scott--what a great talk!, Christofferson, Pieper)
5. The family is of the greatest importance. (Packer and Ballard, Esplin, Wilson, Evans)

 I love conference. So much that I usually shush my children instead of listening to them when they are trying to ask me something. I really love just soaking in all that spirit and inspiration. And I can't wait for the Thursday after conference that the talks are published online so I can re-read them. The two that I have already gone back to are Dieter Uchtdorf's talk about not judging, hating, gossiping, ignoring or ridiculing and Larry Wilson's talk about not exercising unrighteous dominion over our children.  Needed corrections presented with such great love feel like just that--love.

Comments

  1. HOoray! You posted - and about conference! I'm glad you pointed out David Archuletta because I wouldn't have noticed him. Every conference I think about the organist that you know who plays at conferece and wonder if I'm looking at him, so I'm glad you got a screen shot of him too.

    Your kids are fun. Mo looks like he likes conference as much as they do. And how did you find fewer words than Mom to sum it all up?

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVED our visit this AM. Really appreciated the pictures. Amen to your conference report. You are just terrific! I love you SO MUCH!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Heather … I didn’t even read the title of your entry before starting to look at the pictures, so I was slow in realizing what the family photos were of, and when I did, I chuckled with delight because it should have looked soooo familiar … our family rolled in blankets until I threatened to put away every one, played Conference Bingo way too loudly for Mom’s liking, and “listened with their eyes closed” way too long too!



    Hahahaha … we will miss these days some day very, very soon … won’t we?!



    Love you!



    Ang

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heather, I loved your pics!....but that isn't anything new as I just love pics of those I love.  I was able to enjoy all but the one of one of the girls legs with something yellow at the side of!!  I couldn't find a head to identify WHO but the legs told me it wasn't Wyatt!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm going to have to write about conference too. You got some awesome photos. Is David Archuletta an American Idol winner? I know I'm revealing how culturally inept I can be, but I believe that's how I have heard of him before. Thanks for your lovely sum-up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved conference too! I love how you summed it all up too. Your pictures are wonderful and I really like those toes peaking out form under the blanket Mo is on. What fun.

    ReplyDelete
  7. No, Archuletta was runner-up, not winner. And those are MY toes.

    Love,
    Wyatt.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment