Today is my true love's birthday. We are going to have a party at home. I think it is going to involve salmon, brownies, and a lot of words that start with F. And maybe a treasure hunt.
This picture was taken on a boat that had a lot of young men from the Naval Academy enjoying their Spring break. One time I looked around for my husband and couldn't find him right away. I looked again carefully and realized he was perfectly camouflaged by the young seamen he was talking to. Fun stuff.
Thank you, Wayne and JoAnn, for having and raising this spectacular son. I love everything about him. He is an absolute good in my life.

He even has the matching haircut! That's fun. Happy Birthday, Alan! Four things I like about him are that: he has an appreciation for so many things because he is so educated about so many things; he likes to hold himself up on two supporting shoulders - sometimes his wife and a sister, sometimes his children...whoever; he lights up when he talks about his kids; he once told me that his appreciation for Heather grew and grew over the years - that she just got better and better.
ReplyDeleteIt's wonderful that you and Alan don't take each other for granted.
ReplyDeleteYour blogs about him fairly ooze with love and admiration. That's a real lesson for married couples. Keeping romance alive is so much easier if you never loose your rose colored glasses.
Happy Birthday to the man who makes my sister keep on glowing!
ReplyDeleteHeather, thank YOU for letting Al find you for us!! I have to admit that I too love your husband...a lot.
ReplyDeleteI think often of fun times when he was at home and "my little boy." I don't tell my "men children"
but they will always be my "little boys".....just a lot bigger.