Last night was a crazy one at our house. We had a broken wrist (Alan hit a patch of ice on his bike, but will probably be fine with just a splint and some extra care--we will know for sure after the MRI today), the missionaries and a friend over for dinner and FHE, followed by a house full of 22 people and 3 dogs gathering for dessert and presents.
Our dog turned one (human) year old on Sunday and we...I sheepishly admit...had a party for him. I couldn't believe myself. Imagine ME going to the dog boutique and buying really cute frosted doggie treats. And sending out a doggie Evite. And singing happy birthday to a dog. It is just amazing how far I have come in the last year.
The best part of it was that Willa LOVED every second of it. Especially shopping for the party, but really the whole thing. And Moses? I think he had the best night of his life. He had his best friend Baxter and his girlfriend Sammie and all of those people who think he is the best dog ever and treats and presents all on the same day. It was doggie paradise. His tail never stopped wagging.




Our dog turned one (human) year old on Sunday and we...I sheepishly admit...had a party for him. I couldn't believe myself. Imagine ME going to the dog boutique and buying really cute frosted doggie treats. And sending out a doggie Evite. And singing happy birthday to a dog. It is just amazing how far I have come in the last year.
The best part of it was that Willa LOVED every second of it. Especially shopping for the party, but really the whole thing. And Moses? I think he had the best night of his life. He had his best friend Baxter and his girlfriend Sammie and all of those people who think he is the best dog ever and treats and presents all on the same day. It was doggie paradise. His tail never stopped wagging.
Oh. My.
ReplyDeleteOh Heather, who would have guessed? You of all people!
ReplyDeleteWell, on second thought you do have a sweet sensitive heart. And you do fall in love with cute things. And Mo IS cute and sweet. Also, you have always loved a party. Maybe is was inevitable.
I'm concerned about Alan's wrist. Hope it isn't a terribly complicated break and that it heals well and quickly.
Heather, I loved the idea of Moses' party! It is hard for me to believe that you really did it! You have officially become/are?? a "dog person!" I think it is so great for your fam to have Moses in it's life.
ReplyDeleteI also had no idea that Willa's hair had gotten THAT long...to cut off a foot and still have so much left. I seem to hear more and more of people doing the hair donations lately. I used to hear of it quite frequently and then it has been years and now lately it is happening again. I am sure it has still been in existence but just not people around me participating. Shannie is talking about doing it also.
Heather, I didn't ignore the fact that your husband broke his wrist...I just forgot until I hit send and it was too late to mention it. My first thought was that he would have to forego his bike riding until it heals I imagine...that will be hard on him! Life just keeps reminding us that we may think we are in charge, but we really aren't! xo momw
ReplyDeletei love the wrestling at the front door. isn't that how every little boys party starts?
ReplyDeleteTell Alan he's THE BEST for going to Mo's party -- even with a broken wrist. All your kids need to enjoy the gread dad time they get. The fact that he does his parenting in person and along with you makes for happy kids, whether they're aware of it or not.
ReplyDeleteCool party, by the way.
Wow. Have I mentioned you are a really good mom? You are, and I will try to think people who have doggie birthday parties are so crazy and silly. You are so good.
ReplyDeleteI hope Allen's wrist is alright too. My dad just had wrist surgery and I know from him the recovery window is huge depending on what they have to do. I hope it is just a brace and better!
Have I told you how much I love your house? The layout is awesome. Your decorating is clean and inviting and you have some really awesome natural light and built-ins.
ReplyDeleteKJ, YOU are awesome. Thanks for the compliments as well as the giggles and the visit this morning. I needed that.
ReplyDelete