My yoga teacher said something I want to keep this week. She had us upside down, I think it was in a shoulder stand or something, and warned us that we were going to stay there for 10 or 15 breaths and just enjoy the pose.
"And in case you forgot you were enjoying this" she said, "put a little smile on your face to remind your body."
I loved that! I don't think I had mentioned that my theme for this year is "Come What May and Love It." It is a talk given by Elder Wirthlin, shortly before he died. He told us to keep humor and love in what we did even when it is hard. It made me want to decide to be delightful. And my yoga teacher reminded me. I need to put a little smile on my face to remind myself that I am enjoying a bunch of things.
A dog who chews up things I should have thrown away in the first place.
Cooking dinner.
Going to the grocery store.
Teaching my kids to be resilient in the face of disappointment.
And all sorts of other things.
I don't want to forget anymore.
"And in case you forgot you were enjoying this" she said, "put a little smile on your face to remind your body."
I loved that! I don't think I had mentioned that my theme for this year is "Come What May and Love It." It is a talk given by Elder Wirthlin, shortly before he died. He told us to keep humor and love in what we did even when it is hard. It made me want to decide to be delightful. And my yoga teacher reminded me. I need to put a little smile on my face to remind myself that I am enjoying a bunch of things.
A dog who chews up things I should have thrown away in the first place.
Cooking dinner.
Going to the grocery store.
Teaching my kids to be resilient in the face of disappointment.
And all sorts of other things.
I don't want to forget anymore.
I'm ready to smile, too. Thanks for the reminder. (I'm smiling because the ironing is
ReplyDeleteD
O
N
E
and not still "in progress."
i love you and all your adorable children. especially when you give them your own special spot on your blog and keep me up to date.
ReplyDeleteI will definitely try that while making dinner tonight and once the whining starts too. Because really I do love motherhood more than anything!
ReplyDeleteI love this. This is perfect timing for me since I have this crazy thing I signed up to do tomorrow. I will put a smile on my face and remember! Thanks so much! You have great gems!
ReplyDeleteThanks for reminding me of Elder Worthlin and his wonderful message. You have a lovely yoga coach, don't you?!
ReplyDelete