Getting Fancy

Alan and I went to a fancy ball last weekend. After dragging our feet a little and considering the moral implications and shelling out the effort and dough for formal wear, we were surprised to find we really enjoyed ourselves. It was beautiful! And fun! And very fancy. The food was spectacular. And Mr. Wimmer even enjoyed himself on the dance floor. (He actually looked happier in the after picture than the before picture, but I looked tired and lumpy, so I didn't post that one.)





At this point I should probably thank Eliza for doing my hair and Mariah for doing my makeup. And Willa and Mariah for standing in a way that makes me look thinner than I am.


















This weekend we got our house all fancy too. We started decorating for Christmas, which always starts with the nativities for us. I look at it and hope there is no way a child raised in my home can escape the true meaning of what Christmas is all about.


Comments

  1. Heather, you look absolutely beautiful! What a fun thing to do. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooooh. I love it all. I don't even know where to start. I might just have to call you to tell you all the things I loved about this post.

    I love your fancies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:26 AM

    You really are fancy. I've always thought so! How many nativities do you have now? Isn't Christmas magical?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You two look dynamite! I LOVE your mature yet young and fanciful gown, and you don’t need to stand any particular way to look thin! And I love Al’s fancy vest too … and tell him his dancer-sister is proud he didn’t spend the evening at the table!

    ReplyDelete
  5. how fun! your dress is AMAZING! i love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. puh-lease, you need to made to look taller and thinner??? stunners!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are one classy lady. I'm so glad you wore that amazing dress. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Heather, I LOVE your dress! It is a beautiful color..I like the formal/modest look of the top and the horizontal pleats going down the skirt...however much you paid for it, it was worth it. It may be like my "sort of expensive" silk, dusty rose suit that I bought a thousand years ago when Wayne and I went to a New Years Eve dinner/dance in Salt Lake. It is too dressy for the rest of my humdrum life except that I spring it out to wear to weddings on occasion. I don't care that it is "old and out of date"...I like it and if someone wonders "where in the world I came up with it"...so be it. How did I ever get so lucky as to really not care whether people like what I wear! I will never be on the "best dressed list" but I bet I will be a permanent on the "happy with myself" list.
    I loved when your husband took a dance class at BYU as he figured it to be an easy grade...and found it more challenging than he had expected.....at least I think that happened...but if he doesn't remember it then it is something that I dreamed up!! xo momw

    ReplyDelete
  9. great dress! and thank you for the kind words. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment