I'm taking my own advice and telling you what I'm doing with my hair.
1. Not shaving below my belly button. At the moment it's itchy and kind of gruesome. But I bet I'm going to learn to accept and love what my body does naturally from this experience...right? Or maybe I'll just get grossed out by the long and flowing leg hair and not make it to the end of the month.
2. I got my hair cut and then edited the cut by hacking at my bangs a bit more. It doesn't seem as special this time, somehow, even though it is the same cut. I don't know. Can you ever REALLY get the same cut, even from the same person? But it was a great chance to talk to my hairdresser, who is FUN. One of my skills and talents is growing hair, so I should at the very least get that last part fairly regularly.
3. I've decided no one needs pictures of any of this, so I'm not going to post any.
1. Not shaving below my belly button. At the moment it's itchy and kind of gruesome. But I bet I'm going to learn to accept and love what my body does naturally from this experience...right? Or maybe I'll just get grossed out by the long and flowing leg hair and not make it to the end of the month.
2. I got my hair cut and then edited the cut by hacking at my bangs a bit more. It doesn't seem as special this time, somehow, even though it is the same cut. I don't know. Can you ever REALLY get the same cut, even from the same person? But it was a great chance to talk to my hairdresser, who is FUN. One of my skills and talents is growing hair, so I should at the very least get that last part fairly regularly.
3. I've decided no one needs pictures of any of this, so I'm not going to post any.
Heather, as always your notes make me smile...I don't want to brag but......one of the good things about getting older is that ALL hair grows slower and there just isn't as much to have to remove! It was a surprise to me when I realized one of my "have too things" just didn't have to as often! When you balance that benefit against slowly losing your mind, it isn't much of a trade but I wasn't given a say in the matter! xo momw
ReplyDeleteAre you kidding?! We totally need pictures of the leg hair as it grows out. How will we decide if we want to join you in this or not?
ReplyDeleteOh Heather! You are SO MUCH FUN! Why is it we don't live closer together? MomW is right about leg hair becoming a non-issue. Wish I had been there to visit with you and what's his name. (Scott?) My goal is to need a hair cut next time I come. Let's play!
ReplyDeleteHilarious! I wish one of my talents was growing hair. Mine poofs out instead of growing long. I would love not to have to shave, but it gives me the willies to have my hair rub against my sheets and make that crackly noise.
ReplyDeleteI love my leg hair. I'm so sad when summer arrives and I have to remove it.
ReplyDeleteMom W needs to be quoted often and loudly. Mom N needs to be hugged often and meaningfully. I just need to see pictures. That's two votes for it . . . anyone else?
ReplyDeleteSpecifically, photos of flowing leg hairs.
ReplyDeleteI did that in college once. I do have pictures to prove it! It was fun and warm during the winter! We had to use clippers to eventually cut it all off. But I think everyone should do it at least once! :)
ReplyDelete