Willa really wanted to make homemade donuts this weekend, so we tried. They earned an emphatic thumbs down from most of us. It turns out it is really hard to get the oil the right temperature to cook the insides without burning the outsides. And Willa didn't like the taste of nutmeg in her donuts either. But she still thought it was a really fun way to spend the morning--even if her hard work did end up in the garbage.
Willa really wanted to make homemade donuts this weekend, so we tried. They earned an emphatic thumbs down from most of us. It turns out it is really hard to get the oil the right temperature to cook the insides without burning the outsides. And Willa didn't like the taste of nutmeg in her donuts either. But she still thought it was a really fun way to spend the morning--even if her hard work did end up in the garbage.
Comments
This reminded me of a date where I spent the wee hours of the AM helping a boyfriend make Spudnuts in the shop in Show Low. I don't know how long he held that job. I only helped once but they turned out perfectly and were delicious. (No credit to me...I was just along for the ride, so to speak.) Wish I knew the recipe, temperature of the oil, etc. so I could pass along tips to Willa.
ReplyDeleteWho's thumb is that?
ReplyDeleteI think that should be a thumbs up for effort and good attitude!
ReplyDelete