Collage by Willa


Willa is good at celebrations. She planned her birthday party months in advance, she has been talking for weeks about the end of school party she would like to host (at our house, with her entire grade), and she whips up really fun things for Mother's Day like this collage, featuring me wearing a shirt of my favorite color, a fashion girl I made with her stencils, and a quote from one of my favorite books.

Yesterday, I also got to see all the fun stuff she is doing at school when Alan and I went to her EL open house. Then she talked us into taking her with us to drop her dad off at the airport. It was so much fun to hang out with her. She has good things to say. And we laughed belly laughs as I tried to tandem bike her back to school without making us both fall over. For activity days last night, they invited mothers and I was miraculously able to come and enjoy it. We made a book about Willa and me. It has our vital information, our favorites things, portraits we tried to draw of each other, and things we hoped the other would learn from us. Then their leader, one of my favorite people, talked about President Ballard's talk about mothers and daughters from conference. It was a joy to be there. It's a joy to be Willa's mom.

Comments

  1. That is an awesome collage. I love the quote. What book is it from so that I can buy it? She is so delightful. I could really go for a day with Willa...today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The book is Flap Your Wings by P.D. Eastman. You must buy it! It is hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Willa is built of three things: giddiness, good cheer, and the gift of gab. I'm so glad I know her.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous9:23 AM

    What a fun kid. Please hug her for me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. MomWimmer8:45 AM

    Willa is such a special little person. I know she must at times not be fun but those times are so rare that I don't see them. She just seems to be planning on enjoying life and so proceeds to do so. I love having her in our fam. The art that Mariah did of you...in that art form that I have never heard of...was a fun view of you! We were talking about their art while I was there and they said it was all kinds of artistic things. They are fun also....teenagers of course...bit still mostly fun! I so enjoy our yearly times spent with all of you and for a short time being included in your busy lives. And as I said he would, Wayne remembers fondly how much he enjoyed it also! xo momw

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment