Recovering from my best intentions


So real life should have started last week, but we were given a reprieve of 3 slow, stay at home snow days. This week we were REALLY going to start 2010. 5am seminary. Reading scriptures faithfully every day. Remembering to be organized and exercised. Keeping all the goals and resolutions. Practicing piano and cello. Eating much better. Making lists!

Monday was our first real day back, and I did everything, but everyone was very tired at the end of it, and it didn't really seem like so much fun. Our family home evening didn't end until 9pm and then we still had to get people bathed and to bed. Tuesday we tried again with activity night at the church and no better results. Last night, after Wyatt got home from basketball practice at 8:40pm, he fell into a puddle of tears because he missed the end of American Idol. I was ironing at 9pm. Alan got home around 10:30 and I fell dead asleep before he came to bed at midnight and barely woke up to kiss him goodbye as he left for Boston at 4:30am. We did finally get to catch up and talk about some important remodeling decisions during his layover in Chicago...

Hmmmmm....no wonder I was kind of grumpy this morning as I was striving to emulate my pioneer forbears at a sewing circle. I think I need a nap.

Comments

  1. I think you need a nap too. Whenever you blog about your life, I need a nap to recover! What important remodeling decisions are you making??? Are you going to post before, during and after pictures?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:42 PM

    Sounds like you and I both need to get to bed earlier! Hope you have a fabulous 2010!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know exactly how you feel. I look at my life, I realize that most the activities I choose are optional -- and that they wear me out. But they're so fun. So enjoyable. Why would I want to give one up? Sleep? No nearly as fun, but ever so much MORE necessary.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous6:55 PM

    Don't you love it that real life takes precedence over good intentions? Maybe the solution is to resolve to be fully involved with reality and make the best of it. I don't know that this is true or that it works, but I've always wondered.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous6:56 PM

    PS. Love the picture of your "Ice cream cone" back yard. Pretty.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment