I was on the phone with Paige yesterday and I asked her what were the three best things that happened since summer ended. She patiently reminded me that summer hasn't ended in Phoenix. When I clarified--since school started--she came up with a lovely three and then asked me to. The whole thing made me tired (I took a nice nap after I made a lame excuse). But good things have definitely happened. Here are my 3 favorite:
1. Three of my babies had birthdays. We had a Panera Party, a Very Cold Camping Night, and a Shopping Extravaganza.



It's just amazing to see them go from that to this:

right before your very eyes. The fruit of my own loins. What a cool experiment.
2. My mom came to visit me. I don't even have any evidence she was here besides the memories of thrifting, buying purses, and eating Jack Stack. And a great warm fuzzy feeling within.
3. We had two gorgeous, Indian summer days in a row after a rainy, cold spell. I've got to go take some pictures while it is beautiful.
We also took a great Nauvoo trip, watched our oldest daughter compete in cross-country, and came somewhat to terms with a new school year schedule and the calling I've had for a year. Plenty of good. It shouldn't have been so hard to think of.
1. Three of my babies had birthdays. We had a Panera Party, a Very Cold Camping Night, and a Shopping Extravaganza.



It's just amazing to see them go from that to this:
right before your very eyes. The fruit of my own loins. What a cool experiment.
2. My mom came to visit me. I don't even have any evidence she was here besides the memories of thrifting, buying purses, and eating Jack Stack. And a great warm fuzzy feeling within.
3. We had two gorgeous, Indian summer days in a row after a rainy, cold spell. I've got to go take some pictures while it is beautiful.
We also took a great Nauvoo trip, watched our oldest daughter compete in cross-country, and came somewhat to terms with a new school year schedule and the calling I've had for a year. Plenty of good. It shouldn't have been so hard to think of.
Bizarre how those kids grow. And beautiful! Happy Birthday to Wyatt (a couple of weeks ago!)
ReplyDeleteI'm sure the nap helped you remember. Thanks for playing along, even if it is a little delayed. After all, it was your game to start with. Mom is good medicine, don't you think? Just fun.
ReplyDeleteYour kids are darling, getting so big and your big girls BEAUTIFUL. Thought of you conference weekend when I was spending my saturday afternoon session on my couch wishing I was with you and trying not to fall asleep. Good times!!
ReplyDelete