To quote a Mormon cliche, I would be ungrateful if I didn't write about how much I loved and appreciated conference this fall.
-Elder Holland's talk was unforgettable. And I learned more from it this morning as I listened to it again. We have to tenaciously focus on the word of God to keep from being distracted by the mists of darkness that surround us. I am so easily distracted!
-I loved Elder Uchtdorf's talk. And I thought it significant that the entire first Presidency talked about the first two great commandments. Love the Lord with all your might mind and strength. Love your neighbor as yourself. It's all very simple if you just focus on those two things.
-Elder Bednar is inspired and wonderful. I love how he speaks directly to me and points out exactly what I need to work on with such love and clarity.
-Really all of the apostles were amazing to hear. What a great team of all-stars I get to claim as my own!
-Many (if not all) of the other talks were outstanding. Some that come to mind are Callister, Nielson, Ringwood, Renlund, Matsumori and Sitati.
-A lady in our ward gave the perfect prelude to conference when she spoke about preparing for it. Praying about it and listening for specific guidance, as well as teaching our children to do these things in family night made a huge difference for me. So thank you, Sister Pace.
-Elder Holland's talk was unforgettable. And I learned more from it this morning as I listened to it again. We have to tenaciously focus on the word of God to keep from being distracted by the mists of darkness that surround us. I am so easily distracted!
-I loved Elder Uchtdorf's talk. And I thought it significant that the entire first Presidency talked about the first two great commandments. Love the Lord with all your might mind and strength. Love your neighbor as yourself. It's all very simple if you just focus on those two things.
-Elder Bednar is inspired and wonderful. I love how he speaks directly to me and points out exactly what I need to work on with such love and clarity.
-Really all of the apostles were amazing to hear. What a great team of all-stars I get to claim as my own!
-Many (if not all) of the other talks were outstanding. Some that come to mind are Callister, Nielson, Ringwood, Renlund, Matsumori and Sitati.
-A lady in our ward gave the perfect prelude to conference when she spoke about preparing for it. Praying about it and listening for specific guidance, as well as teaching our children to do these things in family night made a huge difference for me. So thank you, Sister Pace.
Elder Holland's was totally unforgettable - I agree! I also learned a lot from Elder Scott's talk about receiving personal revelation and asking, "is there more?"
ReplyDeleteI had a really neat confirmation while Pres. Monson was speaking that he is the Lord's chosen mouthpiece on this earth as he taught the very things the Savior taught.
Love hearing your thoughts. Great post.
AMEN.
ReplyDeleteAnd to KJ AMEN again.
I agree. I didn't listen to or watch all of it but I am waiting for the chance to steal Glen's ipod so I can! Or I could watch it on the computer. either way it is great to be guided by such inspired people.
ReplyDelete