Eliza took this fabulous picture of St. Louis from inside the arch. (Notice how you can see part of the shadow of the arch in the bottom right corner. What a great eye that girl has!)

We went to the arch when we first got there but since trips to the top were sold out, we spent some time under the arch in the museum, which was artfully set up in expanding semi-circles to represent westward expansion. Alan and I really enjoyed the exhibits, with quotes from Lewis and Clark, Willa and Wyatt enjoyed designing their own "peace medals" and Mariah and Eliza enjoyed texting friends who were at home (okay, really just Eliza because Mariah still doesn't have her phone), and taking glamour shots of a stuffed horse.

On Sunday we went to the art museum and to church. Willa wanted to have her picture taken with this chicken, which is actually a woman painted by Pablo Picasso.

We had heard that one of the "must-dos" in St. Louis is to eat Italian food on The Hill. We went to Rigazzis, which seemed to be in the middle of a bunch of warehouses and was good, but old school Italian. The loud St. Patrick's weekend celebrants at the next table offered to take our picture.

For Willa's birthday on Monday we went to the City Museum, which is really hard to adequately describe. It's kind of like a playground on steroids. This picture is of Mariah and Eliza climbing between the wing of an airplane and a metal cone that is about three stories in the air. Mariah was sure someone was going to die. It was an amazing place. Pictures and words can't really do it justice.

This is the female portion of our family dressed up and ready to go to the Fabulous Fox Theater for Cirque Dreams Jungle Fantasy. Willa was pleased to have a place to wear her tiara, and you must notice Mariah's new dress from Aeropostale and Eliza's blouse from Anthropologie. (We were very close to some fun shopping.) The show itself was two solid hours of amazing. By the end, the kids were pretty tired of amazing, but Alan and I loved it.

We went to the arch when we first got there but since trips to the top were sold out, we spent some time under the arch in the museum, which was artfully set up in expanding semi-circles to represent westward expansion. Alan and I really enjoyed the exhibits, with quotes from Lewis and Clark, Willa and Wyatt enjoyed designing their own "peace medals" and Mariah and Eliza enjoyed texting friends who were at home (okay, really just Eliza because Mariah still doesn't have her phone), and taking glamour shots of a stuffed horse.
On Sunday we went to the art museum and to church. Willa wanted to have her picture taken with this chicken, which is actually a woman painted by Pablo Picasso.
We had heard that one of the "must-dos" in St. Louis is to eat Italian food on The Hill. We went to Rigazzis, which seemed to be in the middle of a bunch of warehouses and was good, but old school Italian. The loud St. Patrick's weekend celebrants at the next table offered to take our picture.
For Willa's birthday on Monday we went to the City Museum, which is really hard to adequately describe. It's kind of like a playground on steroids. This picture is of Mariah and Eliza climbing between the wing of an airplane and a metal cone that is about three stories in the air. Mariah was sure someone was going to die. It was an amazing place. Pictures and words can't really do it justice.

This is the female portion of our family dressed up and ready to go to the Fabulous Fox Theater for Cirque Dreams Jungle Fantasy. Willa was pleased to have a place to wear her tiara, and you must notice Mariah's new dress from Aeropostale and Eliza's blouse from Anthropologie. (We were very close to some fun shopping.) The show itself was two solid hours of amazing. By the end, the kids were pretty tired of amazing, but Alan and I loved it.
Such a fun weekend. You guys just look like a great family. I love it!
ReplyDeleteOne of the most satisfying naps I ever had was in that museum at the bottom of the St. Louis arch. John and I were bone tired, so we sat down to wait for our turn on the ride up. Our nap ended when some other tourists took our picture with a flash camera. Talk about your rude awakenings.
ReplyDeleteThat photo of your gals climbing should be entered in at least eight contests. I'm quite sure it would win three.
Love ya!
That looks like a blast! What fun things to together as a family! What can I say other than you inspire me to be a better mom!
ReplyDeleteHappy belated Birthday to Willa too! I can't believe the twins are teenagers! Looks like a great trip.
ReplyDeletejust trying once again to be able to post a comment! I loved reading what is going on in your fun life. mw
ReplyDeleteI can't believe I never commented on this before...I know I read it, but have been looking back at your older posts. what a glamorous picture of you and your cute girls. Also, I think it looks like a lot of fun to be in your family.
ReplyDelete