Photo Tag



Rules:
Go to your picture files. Open the 6th folder, and the 6th picture. Post it on your blog and tell the story of the picture. Then tag 6 people.

What a perfect chance to gush about my son! This is Wyatt's piano recital from just a couple of months ago. He has been playing piano for a year and a half now, and although it's not his favorite thing, he's adorable when he does it. He keeps rhythm with his head, which bobs slightly to the beat. When he was done playing his piece, there was an audible, "Aaaaawww!" out of the audience because he was one of the youngest pianists and because he is just so undeniably cute.

The best things about Wyatt right now are his delight in his schoolwork (he is the beneficiary of a truly stellar teacher), his smile (which still features one dimple) and his loving nature. He is generous and free with his hugs and his love, especially to me--and to my sisters when they were here. Yesterday in church he told me quietly he still really misses Aunt Kirsta. Today I asked him how long he was going to sit on my lap during breakfast and he said, "Until I'm just WAY too big. But I'll still do it when I'm 9." I thought that was pretty good to get a guarantee for the next year and a half.

Another cute thing Wyatt does is play outside by himself. It has been warm enough that quite often I've seen Wyatt out swinging his arms in full circles as he wanders around the pond singing to himself. He still loves climbing our neighbor's tree, and we just put the trampoline back up on Friday and he's been out there jumping quite a bit already. It's really endearing to have him come in smiling with rosy cool cheeks, smelling like the great outdoors, and ready for another big hug.

I'm tagging Andrea, Michelle, Britt, Ali, Natalie and Jessica. And anyone else who wants to.

Comments

  1. I really still miss Wyatt too. Do you think maybe I was supposed to come to your family and be your kid, except then Eliza and I cut a deal in Heaven? It's completely wrong that I can't live next door to you...or maybe even in your house with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That head bopping thing sounds so cute. I don't know if I would have been able to keep from giggling at his recital had I been there! What a fun picture for tag!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love reading your blog. you're the best. and i'll gladly be tagged!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment